• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing RAW images on a newer Mac without SD card reader

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I import RAW images from an SD Card into LR CC Classic and/or LR CC on two new Mac's that do not have SD Cards? If I import those images with a SD Card reader via an iPad to Photos as JPEG will I not loose my RAW images that I want to be transferred over to LR?

It seems Apple forces us to import SD card images into Photos.

But with the newer Mac's there is no SD card port. I have a lightening SD Card reader which plugs into my iPad or iPhone. I have an adapter for the lightening to convert to a USB-C port but when plugged into my 2017 MacBookPro 13 inch Photos does not launch and I cannot import into LR CC on the MacBookPro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What ports do you have on your new mac?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a newer IMAC and they stuck the SD slot in the back of a 27 inch screen.  Real handy.   All to make it super thin.  Your issue is just another APPLE "form over function" decision.

You can buy several different USB-c card readers or probably use a regular USB card reader and an adapter but its not real handy to have to carry all these dongles so you computer can be super thin. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Dongles"  want to have a laugh-

Apple Engineer Talks About New 2016 Macbook Pro - YouTube

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks WobertC​ ,  that was pretty funny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines