Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wont import MP4 files. Imports only audio

New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!!

After uploading the newest version of Adobe Premiere, I started a new project that is a wedding I shot. The files are mp4 and plays normally but when I import the footage it shows up as only audio files. I played with all the settings and but still does the same. I thought maybe it was those files so I tried footage from another project I worked on already on Premiere, so I know they work, and they do the same. Any ideas??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Justo_,

Sorry for the trouble. Have you tried to clear the media cache & check the issue? Steps: FAQ: How to clean media cache files?

What are your system specs(OS version, RAM, GPU, CPU)?

Please check if there are any pending updates for OS?

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue only some of my .mov files displays video and the rest displays audio only.

I have cleaned the cache.

my films are .mov H.264, AAC

I need a permanent solution fast!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cleaned my Cache files and after that 50% of my imported footage, with the same camera, on the same night, with the same settings were imported with video. But 50% of the MP4 files are still audio only.

Please fix this asap cause i think we have all have costumers waiting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I found a genuine, permanent solution - ditch Premiere Pro.

For real. Davinci Resolve and Final Cut X are both perfectly capable of importing .mp4 files. And to make things even more interesting, I am finding that they are both entirely functional programs, in some ways, even more functional than Premiere.

Why Premiere Pro suddenly can no longer perform this rudimentary task, I have no idea. It is literally the first step of any project, to import the footage, and if Premiere can not do this, I can not afford to use Premiere. I am done modifying my workflow to accomodate software that does not function properly. I have endured many idiotic bugs and glitches inside Premiere Pro, but the point where the software can no longer import footage is simply the end of the line, for me at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i had more money i'd buy FC now. I don't have time to sit around and waiting for updates!

I have never had problems with this before until the latest update....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already use Resolve for color and I seriously consider to leave Adobe. I think I never have finished a project in adobe without software issues!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,  did you ever find the solution to your problem?   I have the same problem and can't solve it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Donwload premiere pro cc 17! that is the only solution for now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can Adobe team please look into that ? It is sooooo frustrating ! I have this as a random issue sometimes it recognizes the video sometimes just import the audio.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on this week's release of 12.1.2?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Yes I am. I used the free trial version I downloaded today to test it. I used to have CS6 but not working either.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the media from ... camera, phone, screen capture  ... ?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines