Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving lightroom to a new computer

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Could anyone tell me where the download option is on adobe? I bought Lightroom 6 from a shop, not online, and I've just recently bought a new mac, so I need to move everything over from my old mac. I've moved my catalogues, but finding an option to actually download lightroom onto my new computer to enter my serial number in etc is proving bloody difficult. Any ideas?? When i log in to adobe, there isn't an option to downlaod or install the software, only a click to buy which takes you straight to your card details, or a free trial. Stuck!

Thank you

Carys

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Scroll the page until you see, ">Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6" and then click on it. It doesn't look like a link, but click on it anyway. You'll need to download the full application first and install it, and then install the 6.14 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing thankyou so much! Downloaded, however it's now crashing as soon as I open it. Did a quick google, could be a high sierra problem? Anyone else experiencing this? Muchos Gracias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

Amazing thankyou so much! Downloaded, however it's now crashing as soon as I open it. Did a quick google, could be a high sierra problem? Anyone else experiencing this? Muchos Gracias

Did you install the 6.14 update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you update it to the latest version and then check again if it crashes

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand it you don't have the dvd with Lightroom any more?

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Admittedly, I can't seem to find it, but tbh, I don't actually remember having a cd to install, I remember typing in a serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow the advice of @JimHess above for the downloads of the v6.0 installer and v6.14 patch,

but have a read of this article for more detail suggestions-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive sorted it thankyou for your quick response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it worked for you 😉

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines