• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Info panel color samplers always show color samplers as RGB.

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I make the color samplers in info panel permanently display in LAB? I prefer to see colors in LAB notation and I have to change each sampler to LAB each time I I use one. Thanks for any suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you change the options in the info panel options, and not just the dropdown on the info panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion Chuck, and I apologize for the slow response on my part. I did have the info panel options set, but they don't seem to affect the four values selected by the color sampler tool, at the bottom of the panel. As far as I can tell these always default to RGB, but can be set to show LAB (and other color modes) each time they are used. I would like to default them to LAB, if there is any way to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you still seeing the RGB values? I changed mine to LAB, and I'm still seeing it in the info panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the Info panel is being displayed, if you select the color sampler tool from the Tools panel, you can drop up to 10 sample points on an image. The color values for these points are displayed as numbered items at the bottom of the info panel. Since I started this discussion I have found out that these ten points are displayed by default in the color mode of the image, which in my case is almost always RGB. You can change each one individually to several different color modes including LAB. I would like to have these default to LAB, to avoid changing each one to LAB when I use it, but this may not be possible. The pic below shows how I sometimes use this capability.

Screen Shot 07-19-18 at 07.58 PM.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I see what you mean now. I don't think there is a way to do that. It would be great to have that ability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While there doesn't seem to be a way to set the preferences to a particular color space, I found that you can set all the samples to one color space  by pressing the alt/opt key when changing one of the samplers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chuck. I tried your suggestion and it indeed will make things work a little better for me. Thanks for experimenting and coming up with a viable workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad that helps. I actually got that tip from Andrew Rodney AKA digitaldog. He's an expert in color management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines