• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Resource Synchronizer

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is that I keep getting the following pop-up when I am creating or updating a PDF:

AdobeResourceSynchronizer wants to use your confidential information stored in “v3.services.arobat.com

It requires I put in my password but the one that is currently in my keychain is not acceptable. I have not been able to figure out how to retrieve or change the password so I just keep hitting “deny” access in order to go on with my work. What is Adobe Resource Synchronizer all about and what “confidential information” is stored there that might be useful for me to access?

I am using Acrobat XI version 11.0.23 on a MacBook Pro.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Hi Dkronbach,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are getting Adobe resource synchronizer pop-up on your mac machine when trying to create or updating a PDF , is that correct?

As you mentioned, your current password is not acceptable when entering in keychain prompt, try resetting the password using the steps given in the following link: Change or reset the password of a macOS user account - Apple Support

You may also refer to the following forum thread discussing the similar issue:

Adobe ResourceSynchronizer key-chain popup || Adobe Reader || Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dkronbach,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are getting Adobe resource synchronizer pop-up on your mac machine when trying to create or updating a PDF , is that correct?

As you mentioned, your current password is not acceptable when entering in keychain prompt, try resetting the password using the steps given in the following link: Change or reset the password of a macOS user account - Apple Support

You may also refer to the following forum thread discussing the similar issue:

Adobe ResourceSynchronizer key-chain popup || Adobe Reader || Mac

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just disabled the Adobe Resource Synchronizer in the Login Items list. Before that, this is what I observed on my Mac: At every single startup the Acrobat "Recent" window (sometimes populated, some other times blank) would pop-up and go away/quit almost instantly (it took a few startups for me to realize that it was an Acrobat window). Next, my Mac's cursor would become invisible and reappeared again when I managed to click on, for example, a folder or an active window in the finder. After deleting the annoying, intrusive and ridiculous Synchronizer, all issues went away and I have not been able to find this pseudo-app reported and running at all in the Activity Monitor. Good riddance!

Ah, "thanks" for never quite explaining why this app needs to run on the background and totally hidden from users who don't have a clue of where to look. A. C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On two of my MacBooks, Synchronizer kept launching Acrobat Reader AND Acrobat. Screens would glitch, one app would disappear, one would open up, and I'd have to close one that didn't disappear on its own. This happened every time the Macs booted up -- until I deleted the Synchronizer from the Login items. Actually, there were two Synchronizers. Both are gone. Problems are gone, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The above does not work. As noted elsewhere, a deeper removal is required and seems to have no detrimental consequences.

Use the Activity Monitor app to terminate the Adove synchronizer app (select it, then use the menu to terminate it). If you don't do this, you will be blocked at the next step.

Find your version or versions of Acrobat Reader and select the icon for it.. 

Right click and select Show Package Contents

In the next window search for Synchronizer (search in the window, not the whole hard drive)

Delete it

If it is active, then you will need to terminate it in the Activity Monitor app, if you didn't do so already. 

From Preferences menu, select Users and Log in. Enter your password and then select Log in Items. It should show the infamous synchronizer app with a yellow triangle (showing it is gone!). Just to safe, selct it and delete it using the plus/minus button at the bottom. Just checking the box or unchecking the box next to the item does not stop it 

I had multiple copies of the annoying app. 

So far no problems, and for now none of those annoying messages. 

Still don't see a clear response from Adobe on what it does and how else to fix the annoyance other than the above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines