Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

object position affects only the height scale

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 4.03.05 PM.png

i'm trying to use the selected object to squash and stretch the spring on this Shock & Strut to give it that realistic feel

what would i use to connect the positioning of the selected object to control the springs scaling to be elongated and or squished

what would i need to do to accomplish this?

i also have the Stare feature from Motion V2 to have certain peaces stare at other and have then align

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's bog standard stuff. Simply do a web searh for lookAt() or "targeting" expressions and the like. Same for the scaling. A simple case of measuring the distance with length() and correlating it to the layer size by piping it through a linear() interpolator.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you i'm fairly new to to any sort of coding to make this happen i'l try to research what you've suggested thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how would i get to only affect one of the scaling values ONLY?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

n-dimensional properties are arrays. You address their components by referencing their index array beginning with 0, so scale X is scale[0] and scale Y is scale[1].

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

what would i type after clicking the option and stop watch to bring up the white box to type in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines