• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving photo's between folders

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When moving photo's from a main folder to a sub folder by dragging and dropping photo's - the photo's appear to stay in the main folder as well be in the sub folder. If I delete the photo's in the main folder, they get deleted in the sub folder. What can I do to move photo's to folders and sub folders?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

You have turned on the option "Show Photos in Subfolders". Turn it off. Click on the + sign to the right of Folders

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off "Show Photos in Subfolder

johnf49739320

Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 9.19.36 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much - worked like a dream.....as you can tell....I am a newbie to Lightroom!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since you are a newbie ... a suggestion ... don't use folders to organize, don't move photos from here to there, use keywords and other metadata to organize and search. There are a lot more benefits to organizing by keywords and metadata then using folders to organize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have turned on the option "Show Photos in Subfolders". Turn it off. Click on the + sign to the right of Folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are in the Library module, go to the Library menu option. There is an option there to show photos in subfolders. If you uncheck that option then when you move photos to subfolders they won't show in the parent folder anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim - went right to where you pointed - unclicked it + sign....and now is working the way I had hoped.. Thanks for taking the time to helping me. I am still a rookie at Lightroom!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines