• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC Classic Crashing

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble with Lightroom CC Classic constantly crashing on my MacBook pro.  It usually crashes after the computer has been in sleep mode and I open computer back up, but it has happened other times as well.  Please help! 

I did read the following thread and would like to try this but need help getting a .lua file.

2nd Update from me.  Finally all the crash reports I sent in when trying to get 7.2 to work have raised a response from Adobe.  I got an email from a support rep with a parameter to tweak which seems to resolve the issue.  I applied the fix on Friday and Lightroom 7.2 has been running all weekend without trouble (~2.5 days, great considering I'd be lucky to keep the program in memory for more than an hour before hand).

Here's the fix:

1. Choose Edit > Preferences.
  2. In the Preferences dialog, go the Presets tab.
  3. In the Presets tab, click the Show Lightroom Presets Folder button. The root preset folder opens in the File Explorer. In the File Explorer, navigate into the Lightroom folder.
  4. (Alternatively, press the Windows button in the computer, and then type %appdata%)
  5. In the Explorer, go to the Adobe folder and then move to the Lightroom folder.
  6. Copy the attached config.lua file into the Lightroom folder mentioned above. [details below explain the file - easy to create your own]
  7. Relaunch Lightroom Classic.
  8. After relaunch open ‘Help->System Info’ menu option. The section under config flags should show:

Config.lua flags:

DigestManager.dontCalculateDigest = true

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know that the most recent version of LR is 7.4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated so will see if I that fixes the issue.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having issues with my lightroom CC crashing, if I try to open up presets. All other functions work, but if I try to open preset forget about it!! Help please! Also have a macbook pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post a screen-clip of your System Info report.   LR MENU > HELP > SYSTEM INFO...

Or copy and paste the top 10 lines in the System Info report.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines