• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video and Audio Playback in Browser doesn't work while Premiere is selected

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm watching a video or listening to audio (doesn't matter what kind - youtube, netflix, twitch, stitcher, etc) and i click on Premiere, the playback freezes and won't play anymore. While exporting I can't even get the video and audio to work at all.

I am encountering this problem on two different machines, both with Intel processors and Nvidia graphics cards. Both run Windows 10 and were up to date on both premiere and windows.

I attempted to roll back version to when this problem wasn't occurring. This did not help.

Other adobe softwares are not affected by this.

Anyone know why this might be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Make sure Audio Input in Preferences is set to None.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update: with some new Windows updates and Premiere updates, the problem still mostly persists. Some websites video won't play at all while Premiere is open. And some it will play video but no audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That might be in the OS settings for priorities and such. In PCs, you can set an app to run as Administrator or "regular", and assign priority, allow apps to run in background, that sort of thing. That could be the solution for you, but not guaranteed it's the fix.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure Audio Input in Preferences is set to None.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was it! I thought I'd checked this already - but for some reason Premiere had reset to device class ASIO. When swapped back to MME with no input the problem was fixed. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines