• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom automatically changes my original files and i cannot undo the changes

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought a Sony a6500 that takes ARW files, and when i import them to lightroom they look like a normal RAW file but a few seconds later the program automatically starts to add a kind of filter on each photo and also resize them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

THis is the proper behavior for Lightroom. It is not changing your images in any way, Lightroom NEVER changes your original images, it is simply changing how the image is displayed on your screen.

What happens is that first Lightroom displays the JPG preview that is embedded in your RAW photo, and then as the computer crunches as has the time to render your RAW image using Lightroom's RAW image rendering processor, you see a different appearance to your image. You cannot turn this off.

If you don'

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THis is the proper behavior for Lightroom. It is not changing your images in any way, Lightroom NEVER changes your original images, it is simply changing how the image is displayed on your screen.

What happens is that first Lightroom displays the JPG preview that is embedded in your RAW photo, and then as the computer crunches as has the time to render your RAW image using Lightroom's RAW image rendering processor, you see a different appearance to your image. You cannot turn this off.

If you don't like the appearance of your photos, you can create develop presets that are applied at import to make the image more to your liking.

Again, your original images have not been touched, they are unchanged in this process, it is only the way the image appears on the screen that has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. I understand all that you say but when i had a Canon camera i did not have that issue, the pictures i would import stayed in a flat profile like they should. Now, like i said, it automatically applies this filter and i cannot remove it and also cannot see the original photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its not a filter and you ARE seeing the original photos. If you don't want to process the files on your computer, shoot JPEG instead of RAW and the camera will do the processing.

This is how RAW files are supposed to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines