• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to close a project?

Engaged ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just starting and it is disconcerting that the list of projects continuously grows. Close is greyed out. Is there anyway to close a project?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Ah, thank you. They are not projects. The ones starting with “Scene” are scenes within the current project, the ones with the person icons are puppets. You can delete scenes or puppets by clicking on them then hitting the DEL key (or using menus etc).

Normally you keep making changes to the same scene, starting a new scene only when needed. E.g. if you want to do different camera angles I start a new scene per camera angle.

For puppets, if you edit the PSD etc file, when you save it Character Anim

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To close a project you just open another one, there's always a project open.

The list of recently opened project stops growing at some point. Is it causing a problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't even really started yet and there is already a page full of  project names. It's already annoying having to look through the list to find where a project or scene is to be able to click on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you include a screenshot here? Just paste it into the text window here. Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bandicam 2018-07-20 19-13-27-722.pngbandicam 2018-07-20 19-13-22-923.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, thank you. They are not projects. The ones starting with “Scene” are scenes within the current project, the ones with the person icons are puppets. You can delete scenes or puppets by clicking on them then hitting the DEL key (or using menus etc).

Normally you keep making changes to the same scene, starting a new scene only when needed. E.g. if you want to do different camera angles I start a new scene per camera angle.

For puppets, if you edit the PSD etc file, when you save it Character Animator will reimport the changes automatically. No need to create a new puppet each time. So you just create new puppets per artwork file.

To close a project you do that from the menu where there is also a “create new project” option. I start a new project per episode I create etc.

I hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, clicking delete also removes the projects from the list. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, only one project can be open at a time. The project window for the one project can list puppets and scenes.  You can delete them by selecting them and pressing the delete key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. You can also use the 'bin' (folder) icon to create new folders (bins) to organize more complex projects if the list gets too long. I tend to do lots of short scenes, so I number everything to help me keep it organized (each scene is only a few seconds long representing a different camera angle). I then put puppets into another folder, different background images in another, and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines