Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My access token has expired!

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled.png

For the past month or so I have not been able to access my Lightroom CC application, it shows this Account notification, I've missed deadlines, lost Jobs because I could not deliver as promised on time, does anyone have a fix to this solution, I've been in contact with Adobe support several times over the phone and they have been no help at all. Any solution that is worth trying would be much appreciated.

operating system: Home PC, windows 10.

Sean.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Just happened to me, I signed out LrCC and out of the Creative Cloud App and the back in. This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean,

W're sorry that you're getting the error "Access token expired" when you open Lightroom CC. could you please let us know which exact version of Lightroom CC you're working on and which operating system are you using?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

Thank you for responding to my question, I just checked there I'm using the version 1.3 and my operating system is windows 10. Any suggestions?

Sean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me this morning. What is this and how can it be resolved? I have work to do and can't get it done. Running latest beta on Mac and latest Adobe updates.first time it's happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just happened to me, I signed out LrCC and out of the Creative Cloud App and the back in. This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the same and was good. But what was it all about?? Annoying. And some people still have it. even after signing out and back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems not so interesting..

Well, its an easy job.. The customer pays every month and the company doesnt cares a **** about the problems... Only some blablabla about using virtual environments -bullhit!- look the forums! there are hundreds of people with the same problem..

Pay some people to stop that problem. I watch this for month, if its not solved or i get PROPER SUPPORT within 4 weeks i will QUIT with Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same problem for a few days. Tried signing out of Adobe CC and Lightroom CC, no success. Even reinstalled the software, still no success. Finally I solved the problem by uninstalling the software completely, including user preferences then reinstalling from scratch. Hopefully this method will work for others suffering with the same problem.

This is my first experience with Adobe software and to be honest it has tainted my opinion somewhat.

Anyway, hope this info can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spoke too soon! Problem is reoccurring. Cant seem to find an alternate solution so will be cancellin my membership.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue...is there a resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A nice man on the adobe chat was able to solve this problem. Here are the steps he posted

Activation issue windows

1) Close all adobe related processes in task manager (Core sync, services for adobe desktop app, adobe desktop service, Adobe IPC broker, AAM updater)

2) Navigate to following locations and assign the current user full permissions to adobe folders. (Right click on adobe folder select properties then click security tab , click edit and select current user you are signed in with , select full control , click apply and then ok)

C://program data (enable view hidden files to see this folder)

C://program files 86x/common files

C://program files 86x/

C://program files/common files

C: //program files/

3) rename SLstore to Slstore.old at following location c://program data/Adobe/

4) Rename SLcache to Slcache.old at following location C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

4) Navigate to c://users/username/appdata/local/adobe/oobe and rename Opm.db to opm.old

5) Navigate to c://windows/system32/drivers/etc/ and open hosts file using notepad. IF you see any Adobe entry there please replace that hosts file with a new hosts file which does not have any adobe entry. If there is no Adobe entry leave the hosts file as it is.

6) Launch cc app and sign in .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, this seemed only to be a temporary solution. Soon the problem was back.

I contacted them again and support logged in on my computer but were not able to solve it.

I got a phone appointment when they would try again, but support didn't call until some days later (I was not a home so we had to reschedule). They said it was very busy

We made a new appointment but they didn't call back... This was more than a week ago. No call since...

And still: "your access token has expired".

Horrible: I hope somebody from Adobe reads this...

Just an advice to new users: don't go for Lightroom CC until this is solved. I've got 75.000+ photos that I cannot access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue. This continues to happen to me if I don't open Lightroom CC on a daily basis. Using the steps outlined above by wintermute314 fixes the issue, but I should not have to log in and out of all my Adobe software of a weekly basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines