• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

special characters in acrobat DC

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to use the registered R in my PDF, however I have been unable to locate where in acrobat that you can access the special characters. I've gone through the program and the help sections and all that's mentioned is to open the "glyphs" window but apparently that doesn't exist. At least not in my program. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You insert symbols in Acrobat the same way you do for any other program - using the system Character Map tool or a keyboard ALT-code.

ALT+0174 = ®

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that, I hold ALT then type 0174, the system keeps dinging as though I am doing something not allowed to do. All the other programs I use all I do is type (r) and it pops up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you type the numbers on the numeric keypad, not the keys above QWERTY - and that you have NUM LOCK on.

Automatically converting (R) into ® is part of the auto-correct system in some apps, but Acrobat is not and was never designed to be "Word for PDFs". It neither knows nor cares if you're writing about a registered trademark or a Republican senator, so it expects you to type what you actually want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option is to copy and paste from another application in which it is easier to produce this glyph.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, it may depend on exactly where and how you try to enter these characters. Sometimes you can't do it because the current font doesn't have the characters.

In Windows, it helps to learn how to use "Character map", which is the standard solution to this for all apps where it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The best way is using "insert symbols" of  Microsoft Word and then copy and paste it into Acrobat DC document with the same font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines