• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My lightroom Classic Wont Create a new catalog

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently open a new catalog with every project on an external hard drive which I have read and write capabilities on ( I have created catalogs there before). All of a sudden I go to "create new catalog" open a new folder in my external and the " Create" Button at the bottom is greyed out. I can open other catalogs but can't create new ones. I tried to do an update for lightroom in my creative cloud account but it only opens the new Lightroom CC which I cannot figure out how to use which is why I have stuck with the classic.

Please help me!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

I just updated the CC app and restarted, for some reason that worked the second time! Thank you all for your help!!! I was baffled.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you create a new catalog on your internal drive? If so, the problem is with the external drive. Lightroom may not have the correct privileges to write to it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly, the permissions got changed somehow, or you (accidentally) changed folders where the catalogs would be stored. You need to make sure you have write permission on the FOLDER (not the drive) where the newly created catalog is supposed to be stored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just updated the CC app and restarted, for some reason that worked the second time! Thank you all for your help!!! I was baffled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines