• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving file from mother folder to daughter folder

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a sub folder (daughter) inside my event folder (mother).  I moved a file from mother to daughter by drag and drop.  The file did not move, it appears to have just copied since the image is still shown in the mother folder.  I am using Win7, LR Classic CC, Ver. 7.3.1.  Why is this happening, it's creating a lot of confusion when I'm trying to organize my files.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the + sign to the right of Folders, then make sure "Show Photos in Subfolders" is unchecked.

As a suggestion about organizing your photos, you might want to try using keywords and other metadata to organize, not only is this a superior way of organizing than moving photos from one folder to another, but it generally causes fewer problems than folder organizing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Stepperheimer  wrote

I created a sub folder (daughter) inside my event folder (mother).  I moved a file from mother to daughter by drag and drop.

Dragging and dropping what exactly? I assume you’re doing this inside Lightroom?

To move photos from one folder to another, select them in the Grid, then click and drag from within any of the selected image thumbnails.  (Dragging from the grey border will not work.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines