Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ligthroom CC Classic <=> Cloud

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have questions about the interaction Lightroom CC Classic / Lightroom CC (Cloud).

After the test period I understand following points:

-  It's only possible to migrate the whole catalog to the cloud.

- This transfers the catalog in the cloud, but not a single picture.

- Images are transferred by migrating a collection to the cloud.

- In the extreme case, you summarize all your pictures to a collection and synchronize it in the cloud.

- You can also make a few folders with images on your hard drive into a collection and sync them to the cloud. If you do so theoretically 20GB cloud space are enough.

- You can synchronize a collection or stop the synchronization of this collection with a mouse click. However, "stopping" does not delete the images from this collection from the cloud.

- If you change a picture of this "stopped" collection in ClassicCC and at the same time in "CloudCC", it is unclear what happens - which version is synchronized?

- You can delete collections in the cloud, but the images in those collections remain in the cloud.

Conclusion: 20GB cloud space are not enough because it is only the possibility to synchronize a collection in the cloud, but it does not seem possible per click to delete these images there again.

You can only delete all cloud pictures by changing the catalog. Following procedure:

1. 1. Create an empty catalog
  2. 2. Activate this catalog => all images in the cloud will be deleted
  3. 3. Reactivating the normal catalog => This catalog will be replicated to the cloud
  4. 4. Replicates the desired collection.

That cant be, I'm belive I misunderstood something. Every customer has more than 20GB pictures, if that is so and it's impossible to delete pictures from the cloud - what is the function from the 20GB offer?

- All images in the cloud would only work with the 1TB version. This becomes expensive.

In my trial subscription the synchronization did not work satisfactorily. The synchronization hangs up on the last 1400 (out of 74.000) pictures.

There is no support at Adobe - no email, no contact form. Just a link to learning videos and a link to the (English) forum.

In the forum I found not much related to my questions.
But I found::

"The synchronization does not come to an end? Then call Adobe! Maybe several calls are necessary until you found the right expert. This person then deletes the faulty file in the account => Problem solved."

I looked in the synchronization protocol, but I cannot solve the problem myself.

Only in the chat I received the phone number of a technical (German) Adobe hotline. However, I had already restored LR6 because the time the Lightroom Classic trial period was over. Help from Adobe, a contact form in which I could ask to extend the probationary period: nothing.

What next?

I want to use Classic CC because

- not to lose my word lists and special editing options (Geo tags for example).

- I like to keep my pictures in folder structures on a local disk

- to keep the possibility to migrate to Capture One

But: I like to install and pay Lightroom Clasic and Cloud CC together so that I can immediately edit and sort the images on a pad in my vacation.

Unfortunately, the synchronization function is nebulous and bugy.

I would spend money for 1TB if really needed, but see that it work s not properly and it seems difficult to get support.

Currently I stay with LR6 and hope for advice here in the forum.

Jens

Hallo,

ich hätte Fragen zum Zusammenspiel Lightroom CC Classic / Lightroom CC (Cloud).

- Man muss immer den aktuellen gesamten Katalog in die Cloud migrieren.

- Dadurch landet zwar der Katalog in der Cloud, jedoch noch kein einziges Bild.

- Bilder werden durch das Migrieren einer Sammlung in die Cloud übertragen.

- Im Extremfall fasst man alle seine Bilder zu einer Sammlung zusammen und synchronisiert diesen in die Cloud.

- Man kann auch einige wenige Ordner mit Bildern auf der Festplatte zu einer Sammlung machen und diese in die Cloud synchronisieren. Wenn man so verfährt käme man theoretisch mit 20GB Cloudplatz aus.

- Man kann eine Sammlung synchronisieren oder per Mausklick die Synchronisation dieser Sammlung stoppen. "Stoppen" löscht jedoch nicht die Bilder dieser Sammlung aus der Cloud.

- Ändert man ein Bild dieser "gestoppten" Sammlung in ClassicCC und gleichzeitig aber auch in "CloudCC" ist unklar was passiert - welche Variante wird synchronisiert?

- Man kann Sammlungen in der Cloud löschen, die Bilder dieser Sammlungen verbleiben jedoch in der Cloud.

Fazit: man kommt doch nicht mit 20GB aus da es nur die Möglichkeit gibt eine Sammlung in die Cloud zu synchronisieren, es jedoch nicht möglich erscheint per Klick diese Bilder dort wieder zu löschen.

Man kann die Cloud nur löschen wenn man den Katalog wechselt. Quasi

1. Eine leeren Katalog erstellt

2. Diesen aktiv setzt => alle Bilder in der Cloud werden gelöscht

3. Den normalen Katalog wieder aktiv setzt => Dieser Katalog wird in die Cloud repliziert

4.  Die gewünschte Sammlung repliziert.

Das kann so nicht sein, da muss ich etwas missverstanden haben. ich dneke jeder Kunde hat mehr als 20GB Bilder, wenn dem so ist und man nicht Bilder aus der Cloud löschen kann - wozu ist dann das 20GB Angebot gut?

- Alle Bilder in der Cloud ginge nur mit der 1TB Variante, die ist teuer.

In meinem Probeabo funktionierte die Synchronisation nicht zufriedenstellend. Die Synchronisation hing bei den letzten 1400 (von 74.000) Bildern.

Support gibt es bei Adobe nicht - keine Email, kein Kontaktformular. Nur ein Link zu Lernvideos und ein Link ins Forum.

Im Forum  fand ich nichts, nur auf der amerikanischen Seite war folgendes zu lesen:

"Die Synchronisation kommt nicht zum Ende? Dann bei Adobe anrufen! Eventuell sind mehrere Anrufe notwendig bis man jemanden dran hat der Ahnung hat. Dieser Mensch löscht dann die fehlerhafte Datei im Account => Problem gelöst."   Ein Desaster

Ich habe im Synchronisationsprotokoll nachgesehen, selber lösen kann ich das Problem nicht.

Erst im Chat erhielt ich die Telefonnummer einer technischen Adobe Hotline. Zu diesem Zeitpunkt war ich jedoch bereits auf LR6 zurückgegangen da unterdessen die Probezeit von Lightroom Classic abgelaufen war. Hilfe von Adobe, einKontaktformular in dem ich bitten konnte die Probezeit zu verlängern: Fehlanzeige.

Wie weiter?

Ich möchte Classic CC um

- meine Wortlisten und spezielle Bearbeitungsmöglichkeiten (Geo Tags) nicht zu verlieren.

- damit meine Bilder wie gewohnt in Ordnerstrukturen auf der Platte liegen

-  damit ich notfalls auf capture One umsteigen kann.

Ich möchte Cloud CC damit ich sofort die Bilder auf dem Pad bearbeiten und sortieren kann.

Leider ist die Funktion der Synchronisation nebulös und fehlerhaft.

Geld für 1TB würde ich zur Not ausgeben, sehe jedoch das es weder funktioniert und es schwierig erscheint Support zu bekommen.

Derzeit bleibe ich bei LR6 und hoffe auf Beratung hier im Forum.

Jens

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Creative Cloud Download & Install forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you sync collections from Classic to the Cloud, only Smart Previews are synced to the cloud. Classic never syncs originals to the cloud. Also, these Smart Previews do not count against your available CC space (i.e. 20GB).

If you completely migrate from Classic to CC, then you import the catalog to CC and all originals are uploaded to the cloud. The catalog is obsolete afterwards because CC does not work with a catalog.

Although Classic and CC somehow 'play' together, it not really has been designed to be used together. For instance, you can not keyword on the mobile or CC and have the keywords sync back to Classic. However, you can develop in CC, the mobile or the web application and this work is synced back to Classic.

Synchronization has issues for some users, sometimes. However, there always is a way to get it fixed.

The main, conceptual difference between Classic and CC is where the originals are stored, locally versus in the cloud.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.
But why uploads the classic version previews to the cloud? I understand there is no cloud client included, this function has only the Lightroom cloud version.
Keywords will not synced. But development using a cloud client the result will be synced back to the desktop. So everything what I habe done will be available on the desktop later - beside the keywords. So my hope is I can use cloud and classic version together and have the final result on the computer later.

Jens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can say is if you want to try to use Classic and Lightroom CC together and expect complete synchronization between the two with no problems whatsoever, prepare yourself for a life of frustration. The two programs are really not designed to work together. I don't work for Adobe and have no idea what the plans are for the future. But you need to choose one Lightroom or the other as your main platform and rely on it. Go ahead and try synchronizing the two if you prefer. But be prepared for what you get or don't get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.
I like to have access by internet but in the other hand I don't like to lose my keyword structure. I see already myself the synchronization between the two programs are not stable. Additional it better to be carefully to spend money - in the worst case we have to pay additional 30% tax soon, nobody know what will happen the next week. Therefore, it is better to stay with LR6 until the situation becomes better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Die Synchronisationsfunktionen von LR Classic werden nicht weiterentwickelt - das hat Adobe mehrfach klar so gesagt. Da wird sich also nichts bessern.

Die ursprüngliche Idee mit den Smart Previews war eine schnelle und platzsparende Synchronisation mit der Cloud, und das nur für ausgewählte Bilder. Das ist ja eigentlich nichts schlechtes, die Leute haben aber halt heute schnelle Internetverbindungen, Speicherplatz ist auch nicht mehr wahnsinnig teuer und man will immer überall alles machen können ... wohl deshalb verflogt die neue CC Variante einen anderen Ansatz.

Desktop-zentrisch -> LR Classic CC

Cloud-zentrisch -> LR CC

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines