Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported videos have audio on my computer-- not others

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm running into an issue where I export video as an Mp4-- When I test the file on my computer and then again wherever I've uploaded it (Facebook, Youtube, etc.), it works there. But it won't work on other computers.

What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So an MP4 is just a container, but you dont list the codec (i.e. the language) of the video file. Can you screen grab your export settings by any chance? MOST .mp4 files today use h.264 as the codec which is more or less the most universally compatible file nowadays, so Id be very surprised to here if you selected that. Of course, this is an audio codec issue from the sounds of it, not video, but usually audio settings are automatically set depending on which preset you selected. Definitely a bit odd, but please show us your export settings if you get a chance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

These are my settings-- seems to be on H.264, so I'm not sure why I'm experiencing this issue on certain computers/other devices. Appreciate any guidance you might have!

export setting.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmmmm, those settings are pretty standard, assuming you haven't manually adjusted anything down in the Audio tab. They should work on 99.9% of modern devices. On the computers where it wont work, what player have you tried and have you tried a different player on those computers? This is pretty peculiar!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wonder if you have audition ?

If you unlink your sound for entire sequence, nest it in another sequence by itself (copy paste, nest, so you keep your original stuff the way it is ), put that nested thing into audition, convert to wav  48mhz, etc., put that back into your sequence, link etc. Then export...how's that work for you ?

In other words maybe you can take you sound, make it wav instead of pcm or whatever it is, and try THAT on export it might be good on all computers, etc.

??  Wouldn't take long to test it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines