• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2018 Wouldn’t use my nvidia gtx 1050 graphics card solution?

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

So I have a dell XPS 15 9560, and I’ve been using it to edit videos with premiere. It has 16GB of ram, an intel graphics card, and an nvidia gtx 1050.

My issue is that whenever I use premier and open the task manager. I’m seeing that premier is using the intel graphics card (which makes play back, scrubbing, and browsing through clips laggy and slow). I want premiere to use the nvidia. I‘ve set nvidia as the default graphics processor when using premiere, but still having the same issue. Does anybody have the same problem I’m experiencing? If so, is there a solution?

It has been super annoying to edit with laggy playback.

Please help!

Thanks,

Kyle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to disable the on-board chip in either BIOS or the OS hardware settings?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, thanks for the quick response. Right now, that’s currently what I have as a quick fix. I disabled the intel graphics in device manager, and as soon as I did, the screen switched to a larger scale. Ran premiere and it appears to be quicker, and task manager is reading that there are significant spikes in the nvidia usage reports.  I mean, if this is the case I can revert the screen to the normal scale in the display settings. But I’m not sure if this is the true fix, or if it affects my laptop‘s 4K display in anyway. The images of the icons in the desktop appears to have diminished their sharpness by a tad, but not unbearable. Let me know your thoughts, thanks again.

Kyle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can either open Nvidia performance center and set your GPU as default for your PP either you can go to PP preferences and do the same there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried that. i have premiere’s default graphics processor set to nvidia, but even then, intel is still the main one being used by premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then as PP is more RAM and CPU addicted application it seems that your files are not that big that it will need GPU usage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm editing clips in 1080p and using slow motion clips at 1080p resolution with 120 fps as well as GoPro clips in raw format. Those are big files. Playback while editing these clips are still laggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines