• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

import .mov is not possible

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lot of quicktime movies and work with windows 7 and 10. I want to import the movies in After Effects. A lot of times I get the message " this '.mov' file is damaged or unsuported or damaged."

But mostly I can import them, but I only hear the sound, but the movie is gone. An empty screen,

What is the matter. I have it on Windows 7 and Windows 10.

Normaly I Always could import the movies in After Effects or Premiere Pro.

It is not a failure of the hard disc, because the movies are so important that I have them on 4 different hard disks. No one works.

Please help,

Marja

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Is your issue related to legacy QuickTime CODECs?

AE 15.0.1 broken Quicktime support?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your issue related to legacy QuickTime CODECs?

AE 15.0.1 broken Quicktime support?

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you are right I don't understand the link of Roland Kahlenberg, but I understand that Adobe stopped supporting Quicktime? it is really terrible, because I have to make a movie for my work and have to finish it in about 2 days. That would be the end of my carriere.

Why did'nt they warn, because it is I think important for a lot of people

Maybe I have to revert to Creative Cloud 2017. I only don't know how to do that. And I don't think that the Creative Cloud membership is usefull for me. I think I have to go back to CS 6 again. I think that is the only solution now for me.

Thanks for your answers, I really appreciate it.

Marja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not all quicktime files: just the ones Apple is deprecating (32 bit?).

The other option is to convert the problem files so they do not use the deprecated codecs. Some users report doing that with QuickTime.

Yes, it is a big deal and a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revert to Creative Cloud 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Stan, The problem with my files is, that I have an archive of .mov files from 1989 until now. We have to make a kind of history documentery from 1989 until now. And these are files from the mac computers, real films, and window computers. I Always could open them and then export. some files I exported. But now it is not possible anymore.

The only thing is to try with my old verson CS 6. If that succeeds, then I do'nt need the Creative Cloud anymore. Also because, you are not alowd to keep the latest payed version of the Creative Cloud.

But thank you very much,

Marja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CC 2017 will work fine with legacy QuickTime CODECs. I'm also going to state, as a casual observation, - folks have no issues digitizing their analog tapes but there is almost, always a huge issue with updating already digitized assets to a newer format which will allow for better compatibility further down the road. I also think there is a huge market for a CODEC that is able to increase the original rez and quality of an existing digital asset.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines