• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I add a video to CC library?

Engaged ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to add a video to CC library but it just won't add. 270 MB in size. Shouldn't be a problem since it's a service I'm paying for! What is the trick to add a video clip to the library so it can be easily be used over and over again in other videos without having to go a different folder every time to import into the project? I don't care about it being uploaded to CC servers, I just want the simplicity of having it in the libraries panel so it can be easily accessed without the hassle of having to import from a different folder to the project.

In premiere pro I exported it to the CC library and low and behold it's in the folder C:\Users\*****\Creative Cloud Files, but there seems to be no way to get this to show in the library panel in Premiere Pro or the one in Photoshop.

Does anyone have an answer? Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes, something I forgot, the file uploaded to adobe servers. I deleted it from there though as I don't want my files on a "cloud" server. But before I deleted it from adobe's servers, I tried every way I could think of to get it to show in the library panel, to no avail. Now since deleting it from adobe cc server, it no longer shows up in the C:\Users\*****\Creative Cloud Files on my system.

I think there should be a LOCAL LIBRARY system instead of the cloud library, let the user choose which they prefer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joeh87907460  wrote

I think there should be a LOCAL LIBRARY system instead of the cloud library, let the user choose which they prefer!

Create your own. Put commonly used source files on a drive (internal/external) attached to your computer. Anytime you need those source files, File > Import> Navigate to the files > Done.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.

But that's exactly what I am trying to avoid having to do as that is what I'm currently doing now. The trouble with it is that, everytime you navigate to a new folder the programs use that and when you export the video it will export it to the last folder you used. So you have to go to extra steps to navigate back to the folder you want to export too and choose it.

I assume that the idea or purpose of having a library panel in premiere pro, photoshop and other "cc" programs is to have frequently used assets quickly accessible. But it's not really since it doesn't work as advertised.

Again, thanks for trying to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joeh87907460  wrote

. . . everytime you navigate to a new folder the programs use that and when you export the video it will export it to the last folder you used. So you have to go to extra steps to navigate back to the folder you want to export too and choose it.

I can't replicate that behavior on my system. I don't recall it ever behaving as you describe. If I import a file, the default export is the last destination I exported to. This running on Mac OS, don't know if that is different for Windows.

Regarding your suggestion to have a "local library" accessed via the Libraries Panel, your best bet would be to submit a feature request:

Premiere Pro: Hot (1828 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again.

Sorry that you can't replicate what I'm talking about.

I did suggest the idea of a LOCAL library for video files and other large files. Maybe they will listen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look up in the full information on using Libraries in PrPro you can have local libraries stored only on your computer.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.

I have searched for that and read too many pages of non answers to keep track of. Nothing I have been able to find answers my questions. Which is, how to have an often used video overlay show up in the library panel so it can be dragged and dropped into premiere pro.

Example: An 8 minute long video of a rotating cube with logo on each face of the cube that makes one complete rotation every 60 seconds.

I'd like to be able to put such a file in the library so I can just drag and drop it without having to go to file>import>folder>folder>folder then import it every time into new projects. Just do it once in the library, then click the library tab and drag it to the timeline. I can find no way to do that.

If I've overlooked a page of instructions telling how to do so I would appreciate very much if you would link to it.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm away from office visiting grandkids. Be back Tuesday, so I hope someone else jumps in here. Would prefer to pass details after sitting down doing it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ... an added idea. That I know the steps of without looking!

Some editors create projects with templates, projects with certain types of assets, that sort of thing.

Then while working in real projects and you need one of your templates or assets or something, you open the other project, drag the needed items into new working project and close templates/assets project.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I tried that, it works somewhat. It requires two projects to be open at the same time though. When switching back and forth between projects the timeline for the first project stays open though and I can't get it to switch to the other projects timeline. Too much trouble for me! I appreciate the suggestion though, thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just drag what I need to the real project's bin, then close the asset project. Works pretty slick, and I don't normally do timeline work with multiple projects open.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I'll keep playing with that and see if I can get used to it. When I tried it a couple of hours ago I didn't close the "asset" project. I think that may have been my problem. I appreciate your input, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jarle Leirpoll has an ebook that to me is the most detailed, thorough, and practical book on using PrPro to get stuff done out there. On his site, premierepro.net, called "The Cool Stuff in Premiere Pro".

Among the many many things covered in that 600 pages or so is using projects for templates, assets, that sort of thing. Jarle is  A BIG believer in if you've spent the time to make anything, from a graphic shape to complicated animated masking, SAVE THAT PUPPY. Put it in a template/asset project, and re-use/modify. Slick idea, really.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'll check out that site and maybe the book. And the idea of a template/asset project is sounding better all the time. I'm going to set one up and tweak it so it works for me.

Tank you again!

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Premiere go to File/Project Settings/Scratch Disks. Then set all the options to Same as Projects. This will create folders alongside the Premiere file including ones for 'Motion Graphics Template Media' and 'CC Libraries Downloads'. You'll need to do this before adding any library items.

Hope this helps.

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines