• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2018 SCREEN GOES BLACK, TIMELINE DISAPPEARS AFTER CLICKING "SAVE AS"!

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all. I am pretty upset that I am paying a subscription for this program and it is not working correctly. After clicking save as, like we all do in EVERY other file we work on since we began using computers, the entire screen goes black. I then have to click file, open project, and re open my project, only to find nothing in my source monitor, and a blank timeline! Is adobe in the process of fixing this issue? I sure hope so.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi kevthecreator,

If you use the Save As an option to save the file and choose to replace your existing project file with the same name, Premiere Pro closes the project file and shows a blank workspace. Some users end up force closing Premiere Pro thinking it has crashed. On opening the project again, all sequences are closed from the Timeline panel and users assume that their work is lost on seeing an empty Timeline panel.

Workaround: To continue where you left off, open the sequence by double-clicking the name of the sequence from the Project panel.

To avoid the entire situation, either save the project file with a different file name or save it to a different location.

This is a known issue and we are working on a fix.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines