Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP: adobe draw files gone after 'session expired'

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So i have a bunch for vectors on my adobe draw app that are very important to me that vanished. I opened the app and as usual I could see my projects. Then, a message popped up that said my session has expired and I need to log in again. I forgot my password and reset it. When i logged in with my new password all of my beloved projects that I spent DAYS working on had vanished. Now I know when files are deleted they aren't actually gone, does anyone know how to help?? I also no long have any adobe programs on my laptop because I only ever used the free trial. When I logged into Draw online it also showed no work.

Please help my work is my life and several of these pieces were for school. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Stell,

A couple of things:

* You're using quite an old version of Adobe Draw, so when you have a minute can you update the app; we've since resolved this "session expired" issue that had been coming up in the app.

* Also, more importantly, is there any way that another app that you were logged into on your device automatically logged you in with that Adobe ID? Have you checked?

* Finally, if you're certain the work was in the account you've already checked,  I'm going to need to get some private in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi StellV.

I'm really sorry about this. I have some questions for you:

What device are you using? And what version of the operating system?

What version of Draw are you using? (Newer versions of Draw should not have this alert.)

Had you at any point verified your log-in information (through a verification email)?

Also, because ALL of your work is missing... Are you certain you logged back into the device with the same account that you used when you created the work? In other words, if you had any other Adobe apps on your device when you first started using Draw, you could have been automatically logged in to Draw with a different Adobe ID. Have you ever used another email address?

If you'd been working on the drawings for some time, they should have had a chance to sync to Creative Cloud. Please log in with any Adobe ID(s) you can think of to Adobe Creative Cloud and see if your work is there.

Please let me know what you find. If you prefer, you can contact me through the in-app feedback.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using version 3.3.1 of draw

iPhone 5 version right before 10.2.1. It won't tell me the version but that's what the next update is.

I did get a verification email that I changed my password

The emails I get from Adobe are at the same address I used to log in. I've had other accounts in the past but only used this email address for Draw. My art is not in the creative cloud. The cloud is blank.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stell,

A couple of things:

* You're using quite an old version of Adobe Draw, so when you have a minute can you update the app; we've since resolved this "session expired" issue that had been coming up in the app.

* Also, more importantly, is there any way that another app that you were logged into on your device automatically logged you in with that Adobe ID? Have you checked?

* Finally, if you're certain the work was in the account you've already checked,  I'm going to need to get some private information from you. Please email me through the in-app feedback (tap the Draw icon, then Give Us Feedback). That email will get directly to me.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I am having an incredibly similar problem. I was logged out with the same error message and when I logged back in I had all of my work, however the project I was working on was not up to date. It is actually several "sessions" older than when the app logged me out. I am hopping I can have the file recovered, as I have lost hours of work on this illustration. I sent a feedback email but did not receive a reply yet. My app is up to date and it is the correct account because all of my other work is there and correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encountered the same problem in draw when logging out. Files are lost when switching users in app. Is there a way to recover files that become unsynced when logging out of app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

I'm sorry your work went missing. If you could answer the questions I asked StellV it would be really helpful. Here they are again:

What device are you using? And what version of the operating system?

What version of Draw are you using? (Newer versions of Draw should not have this alert.)

Had you at any point verified your log-in information (through a verification email)?

Also, because ALL of your work is missing... Are you certain you logged back into the device with the same account that you used when you created the work? In other words, if you had any other Adobe apps on your device when you first started using Draw, you could have been automatically logged in to Draw with a different Adobe ID. Have you ever used another email address?

Please let me know what you find.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Email is not meant for me, I am not rob. I did however just send you a email regarding moving forward in the process of recovering my work

Stella

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stella.

I was actually responding to Rob on that post. But, I did get your email and I responded to it.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue, I have had the same problem too. I was asked by the app to log in again, just as I was about to work on a file

then when I did this, all my projects were gone.

Can you tell me how I get them back.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AnM.

I'm sorry, I  know it's upsetting not to see your work when you sign into the app. Generally, though, when all of someone's work is missing after signing out, it turns out that they've logged back in with a different Adobe ID than they used when they created the work. A few questions:

Have you ever used another email address for an Adobe product?

Do you by any chance have a work account and a personal account?

Do you have any other Adobe apps on this same device that could have automatically logged you in with a different account?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine did the exact same thing please help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alyssa.

I'm responding to your in-app feedback right now.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me too! I hadn’t used Draw in months! Was told the session expired and I had to log back in. I couldn’t remember my password so reset it and all my old projects are gone! 

And yep, i checked and I had the correct email. GUTTED! Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PurpleSneakers.

I'm so sorry about this; I know what it's like to not see your work when you sign into the app. However, if your drawings had a chance to sync to Creative Cloud before you deleted the app, they should definitely still be in your account.

Please sign in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw and see if you see your work there. If you do, leave the device/app open over a wifi connection until the work syncs back to your device.

If you don't see any work there, it's possible you're signing into Draw and the website with a different Adobe ID than the one you used when you created the work.

Do you have any other Adobe apps on this same device that could have automatically logged you in with a different account?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry i guess i wasn’t clear. There was no opportunity to sync my work to the CC as on both my phone and ipad i was asked to sign in again. I went to sign in, couldn’t remember my password. reset my password and once I was in found my work wasn’t there.

I have triple checked that i’m using the right email to log in. I am, [email deleted by moderator]

Please help.

Jodie.

Sent from a tin can and a piece of string.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jodie.

You were definitely clear.... Work should have been syncing all along when you were using the app. Even if you haven't used the app for months, even if it hadn't synced at that moment that you were asked to sign in again, if you'd worked over wifi at some point, your work should have synced to Creative Cloud.

How long had you used the app?Did you ever work over a wifi/data connection?

About how many drawings did you have?

How are you checking that you're using the correct email? Have you tried others?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue

I’ve used the app for just under 3 years now. My best guess is that it’s been about 6 months since i last used it though.

When i went to open it i saw my drawings, maybe 20, just very briefly in my library before the screen changed and told me my session / login had expired. this is when i went in reset my password. i don’t know if it’s significant but i downloaded the 7 day trial version of illustrator cc yesterday and went through the process of setting that up on my desktop.

I have used the app over a wifi data connection before. I know this because my designs us s to sync with the app on my phone and i could look at them there while away from my ipad. again, i just haven’t done this recently, maybe not this year.

My account email could only be 1 of 2 emails. i checked my old emails for emails from Adobe. Also when prompted to reset my password i did this twice entering both emails. i only received a reset link for the one email (the one i thought i had originally used to sign up).

Thanks for the quick reply again.

Jodie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jodie.

No, this has nothing to do with you setting up Illustrator. And if you've used the app for three years, there's just no way that some/most of that work would not have synced. And, like you said... had it not synced you would not have been able to see the work on a second device. So the work is somewhere. We just have to figure out where.

I'd like you to contact me through the in-app feedback so I can see all of your device information and you can also send me the two email addresses you've checked. I'm especially interested in the one that you did not receive a verification link for. To send me an email there tap on the Settings icon in the lower nav, then from the menu that opens, Send Feedback. I'll know it's you, so you don't have to rewrite all of this.

Also, you didn't say whether you saw any work when you signed in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue, same thing has happened to me :-(. (im in a freaking mode right now , sniff sniff). I have updated my ipad software -both the system and the  draw...I have turned on off several times.... I don´t know what else to do. I went into the link above, signed in, and none of my drawings appear there either. 😞

What would you suggest?

thanks!

helena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue, to give you a bit more details about my problem to see if you can help me....

OK, so none of my projects do not show up on my Draw App. I have been using Draw for 3 years now, and all my work was saved through the App. I have only exported files as images, never as anything else anywhere. I hadn’t used my Draw for several months.

I opened the App and it asked me to re identify myself, that my log in had expired (this had never happened before). As I logged in with my user, none of my files were there. I updated the operating system and the Draw version.  It literally says that all my files have been synced.

With the update, I am currently using Draw versión 4.6.1, on my ipad, with ios 11.4.1. but my files have not appeared. I have logged in from my computer to https://assets2.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw and my files are not there either.

I have relogged with my email address and password several times, with no luck. I don’t have any other Adobe Apps on my ipad, -other than using adobe reader on it.

I am trying to send a message thought the APP and it doesn’t give me the possibility, as I click and nothing happens.

Sue, your help is very much appreciated. Please contact me at [email removed]

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Helena.

Since you've been using the app for three years... Had you worked over wifi so your work could sync to Creative Cloud? If you had and you're not seeing any work when you sign in to assets.adobe.com, it's possible that you're signing in to both the app and the website with a different Adobe ID than you used when you created the work.

If you don't see any work there, it's possible you're signing into Draw and the website with a different Adobe ID than the one you used when you created the work.

About being able to email us through the in-app feedback... You must have at least one email account set up on your device for that email function to work.

Please let me know if it's possible you're using the wrong email address to sign in.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

It is great that you get in touch with me, I think its really great

service, so thanks! thankfully you wer etotally right. 3 years ago I

changed from my email address .es to a .com, so I am signed up as ".es"

and I was introducing a my ".com", so all my files were perfectly fine

as soon as I wrote the correct one there.

SO now I have two further questions for you:

1. how could I change my user from .es to .com?

2. how would you also suggest that I create a backup of those vector

files so I dont panic again ;-)?

Thankyou so much for your support!

Helena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Helena.

I'm glad you found your work.

About your email address:

Sometimes they can be changed online; here's a Help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/gr_en/x-productkb/global/adobe-id-account-change.html#topic-7​​ Scroll down to the section Change Adobe ID Email Address and give it a try.

If that doesn't work, Adobe's Customer Care team can do it for you. You can contact that team online at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html or on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AdobeCare. They're pretty responsive in both places so you should be able to get it resolved quickly.

About archiving your work:

Since you're using the iOS version of Draw, you can, once you're finished working on them, save drawings as PDFs and drag them from assets.adobe.com/files to your computer.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

I have the same issue my assets are gone in my library after reseting my password and i also use trial version i have a lot of files in my library

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines