• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot uninstall Lightroom cc.

Participant ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have corrupted my Lightroom cc app.

Windows 7pro

I use a program titled Ashampoo snap10 and snapping a web page I was getting Lightroom cc opening instead of the normal ashampoo action required.

Lightroom will not now open nor can I uninstall Lightroom cc, nothing happens. Also when I attempt to reinstall using my adobe email and password I do get the

option to install but it seems to freeze and a statement states Installing now.

Also my photoshop cc does open from (in W7 ) but only from the programs page, it will not open using shortcuts at screen anymore now.

Being trying to contact Adobe via telephone but no luck, is there a genuine adobe number available?

Or can you guys please help and 80 year old out of his mess?

John

PS uk user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

To Un-install:

In the CC Desktop App: Click the down arrow beside the [Open] button and you have the uninstall choice.

ScreenShot297.jpg

If this does not work: Download and run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner App

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Apologies for the poor experience.

Please start at www.adobe.com/getsupport

and enter your Adobe ID (email address) and password to view the available support options.

^Ani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Staff.

Thank you for that reply, as you can see I am unable to complete and follow instructions from yourself and others. Please contact me with a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

duchymandevon  wrote

To Staff.

Thank you for that reply, as you can see I am unable to complete and follow instructions from yourself and others. Please contact me with a solution.

The solution is to use the CC Cleaner Tool to Completely remove all Adobe software then reinstall the ones you want.

A link to the cleaner tool with instructions has been provided in another reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moving from Adobe Creative Cloud​ to Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app​

It looks for me as you have Lightroom Classic CC (compared to Lightroom CC -  and yes it is confusing also the younger ones). If you have, however, Lightroom CC please notify me and I will move the request to the Lr CC forum.

Windows programs use the extension of a file to find the associated programs. If 2 programs compete for the same extension, the last one installed wins.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks yes its silly me! I am trying to uninstall   Lightroom Classic cc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

duchymandevon  wrote

Thanks yes its silly me! I am trying to uninstall   Lightroom Classic cc

It's not at all silly. It's confusing and it's Adobe creating this confusion. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have still not solved my problem.  Adobe lightroom classic cc using and following the above instructions.

Lightroom will not open, it will not uninstall and attempting to download the correct program it freezes or it did not install.

Please help further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Un-install:

In the CC Desktop App: Click the down arrow beside the [Open] button and you have the uninstall choice.

ScreenShot297.jpg

If this does not work: Download and run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner App

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks still in trouble.

The all apps page shown above has disappeared (around 14 days ago)

I open photoshop at programs page ok.

Lightroom will not open from programs page. A message appears stating it crashed and would I send a crash report, which I do attempt but I think nothing happens.

I cannot uninstall Lightroom at control centre programs, nothing happens.

I need something like Adobe to send me direct a new link to install  Photoshop classic cc and the chance to install those other items as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I warn you, in my experience,  if you want a successful result-  with a corrupt install you must use the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool to wipe your system clean of Adobe program files, and THEN re-install the Desktop App for re-installing LR & PS.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to complete instruction number 2 to uninstall from the

program-control panel - uninstall Lightroom .  Nothing happens it will

not be uninstalled.

Please help further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about using what Windows offers you to uninstall:

HP PCs - Uninstalling Software (Windows 7) | HP® Customer Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I see that the instructions of the Cleaner link always seem to take you back to Step#2, which is the Windows un-installer.

But if the Windows un-installer is not working I believe that the Cleaner Tool should do the job alone. So just run the Cleaner Tool-  Start at Setp#3 in the instruction section-

Remove all products (Windows)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am tempted to do that but do not want to lose my photoshop if anything else goes wrong, Lightroom is a loss at present that's bad enough.

I might be tempted to stop my direct debit payments and let Adobe contact me that's how upset I am at the present time.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would you loose your Photoshop?

If you stop paying, Photoshop will stop working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WobertC  Thanks to the suggestion which I have in the past attemptedbut with no success it just ignores the request and nothing happens.  So I agree photoshop is unaffected anyway.

I would do a windows reinstall but Lightroom is not worth the trouble for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my computer is W11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Only current version of Lightroom-Classic (v11) is stated as compatible with Windows-11.

$9.99 PHOTOGRAPHY PLAN (USA)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines