Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Videos Not Playing

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been using Premiere Pro for the first time over this past week. My experience started out in a good place, but has been very frustrating over the last two days. I'm creating a short film project. After importing some of the footage I'm using, I was able to use all of Premiere Pro's features no problem. Everything was great. Last night I imported the remainder of my footage. Since that point, every time that I try to play a video, nothing happens. I can see a preview of the frame I'm looking at in both the Source and Program windows. Everything looks as if it's working fine, except when I hit Play, nothing happens. The Play buttons switches from the arrow to the box, but no change to the image.

I have tried restarting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling Premiere Pro, and changing the Renderer from GPU acceleration to Software only. All the tech specs on my computer meet Premiere Pro requirements. There's tons of extra memory. I can't seem to find what the issue is! I've been scouring other discussion forums to see if anything else will help, but nothing has thus far.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-Troubleshooting https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2261475

-Premiere Pro Video Editing Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a screen shot of the Audio Hardware settings under Edit>Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SharonR,

Are you clear of this issue yet? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue. My well powered 2018 Alienware laptop was performing beautifully for months but has had recently stopped being able to play back Program or Source videos. I am able to see a preview as well as scrub through the video, but the playback is not functioning. The play button goes from triangle to square and the image doesn't move. I've done a bit of the same troubleshooting, but nothing has resolved the issue. Additionally, I have a high-powered desktop that has also started having troubles with playing back files. Even when I reduce the preview to 1/4 or 1/8, it is studdering horribly during preview/playback. Until the past few weeks, these machines have been butter smooth in handling my footage and projects. This change has hit me hard. I need help!

Thank you,

Vincent Q.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try resetting the preferences:

FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro?

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:

Reset a workspace

Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.

1. Do one of the following:
    • Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
    • Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn’t work,try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines