• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Green corrupt video only shows problem when importing to Instagram

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks, a few times recently I've exported my video and found that the final product has this green distorted, corrupt look. I realized that that error was occuring whenever I had a "Dip to Black" effect/transition, so I deleted those, re-exported my video and now avoid that setting. Problem patched.

Now I'm seeing this similar green distorted look, but it's not caused by an effect. And I can't tell the the video is messed up until I try to upload it to Instagram stories or IGTV. I'm exporting my video with the following settings:

H.264

1080 x 1920 (vertical for IG)

Render at Maximum depth checked

Frame rate 29.97 (Matched to Source)

NTSC

VBR, 2 pass encoding

Target bitrate 8 mbps

Maximum bitrate mbps

Use Maximum Render Quality checked

As far as I can tell, these settings align with all of the recommended export settings I can find for Instagram. So I exported my video to my desktop and it looks great, no errors. I transfer the video to my phone via Google Drive and it looks great, no errors. Then, I try to upload the video to IGTV or IG stories and here's what the preview looks like, for the entire 40 second video:

Screenshot_20180723-101841.png

I even continued the upload process and posted the video to my IGTV channel to see if was just a preview issue; no such luck. The green distorted/corrupt moving thing continued. Can someone please help!?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the export without Max bitdepth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Ann, unfortunately unchecking Max bit depth did not solve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines