• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All purchased presets dump into "user preset" folder in latest update

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, and especially hi to adobe developers.  I just got off the phone with a wonderfully helpful customer care rep who helped me get some presets to show up that I had purchased.  He told me that in the newest update, you can hide presets that you wish to hide BUT recommended not updating BECAUSE ALLLLLL of my purchased presets would be put into one generic user presets folder.  This is unacceptable to me, as part of the value in the preset packages that I have purchased, is the ability to keep them separate and organized.  I know it is going to be A LOT of unhappy phone calls to adobe customer care if this isn't fixed quickly. 

Thanks

Alex

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

With the 'new' system of XMP presets in a different folder, the "Group" structure in the Presets Panel does not always mirror the hard-drive folder structure. Data within each Preset file determines how & where it appears in the Panel.

You can create a new Group (folder) by simply creating a Preset (anything at all) and placing it in a 'New Group' folder- as in the second screen-clip of Ian Lyons in Post#1 above.

You can then drag-and-drop any presets in the Panel to the Group folder you have crea

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alexb11525167  wrote

Hi everyone, and especially hi to adobe developers.  I just got off the phone with a wonderfully helpful customer care rep who helped me get some presets to show up that I had purchased.

Your wonderfully helpful customer car rep doesn't have a clue!

The preset vendor can easily configure the presets to install into an organised structure.

Edit: below screenshots show an example of one group that I created myself, and the other the existing tools within Lightroom that you or they can use to create the groups.

organised presets.png

preset_groups.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite.  I've got one particular folder of organized presets installed in the right place, but the presets are only showing up in user presets. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the 'new' system of XMP presets in a different folder, the "Group" structure in the Presets Panel does not always mirror the hard-drive folder structure. Data within each Preset file determines how & where it appears in the Panel.

You can create a new Group (folder) by simply creating a Preset (anything at all) and placing it in a 'New Group' folder- as in the second screen-clip of Ian Lyons in Post#1 above.

You can then drag-and-drop any presets in the Panel to the Group folder you have created. You are not forced to have your presets in the "User Presets" group.

ScreenShot074.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines