• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio worked in camera, not in Premiere

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filmed a really important interview. Had a wireless lav plugged into my C100. I had the headphones in, the channels separated (one picking up shotgun and the other had the lav). I could hear both in the headphones. Both showed up properly separated in each channel level on the LCD. Now I can't hear the lav in any of the clips. When I pull it into Premiere, the shotgun track is there, but the second channel where the lav was is just nothing. I've tried messing with the audio channels in Premiere, but nothing seems to work because the lav track seems to just simply not exist in the clip. Anyone else run into this and/or have possible solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Load a clip into the Source Monitor and switch to waveform view.  Do you see both channel's waveform?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see two channels. Channel 1 is the shotgun which is there, but Channel 2 where the lav is supposed to be is just nothing. There's very minimal static like it knows something is plugged in, but there's no real audio information in the channel.

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 12.41.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

Install either PotPlayer or VLC.  (They're both excellent media players, something any edit system should have.)

Open a clip in one of those programs and switch to the Right channel monitoring.  What do you hear?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, still nothing when I try it in VLC and isolate the right track. Just very faint static.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

Unfortunately, the only possible explanation at this point is that you were mistaken about what you were hearing on set.  There is no audio there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you play the clip back in camera, do you hear the Lav?

This is an AVCHD file with a stereo audio format?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm looking at it through the camera now and not hearing the lav mic. Still just the shotgun. It's so bizarre because I could hear it the headphones while we were shooting. I have no clue what happened between shooting and now.

Yes, this is an AVCHD with stereo audio format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines