• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere will not close when I exit the program

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a huge issue. I've been trying to get around it for months now but my work around is not working any longer. I have been working on a project. When I save the project and close the program, Premiere continues to run as a background service. So it will not relaunch. I have to open the task manager end the process. Then when I open the program again my project is not viewable in the preview screen or the timeline preview. However, when I go to color correct I can see the small video but not the preview screen.

I was going to Users/User/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/12.0 and just deleting the 12.0 folder. Then ending the process in task manager. Then relaunching Premiere and it would work. Only until I closed the software. Then on the next relaunch the same problem. Now, that isn't even working. I'm just getting a white screen for the timeline preview, No visual in the library preview. But the audio works fine. Can someone please help me with this. I'm losing my mind. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. I'll give it a shot. Do you recommend uninstalling all of my Adobe Applications and Creative Cloud as well or just uninstall Premiere? I haven't had issues with any of the other apps. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just Premiere Pro and the Desktop App.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It DID NOT work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please somebody help me here. I can't get work done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you say, 'creative cloud' do you mean that you are maybe waiting for stuff to upload to some cloud via your internet connection ? I have no idea how that stuff works, but could your internet connection be getting in the way of finalizing your 'save' ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset your workspace to the default. Your project settings are probably set to use the last setting.

If that doesn't work, then reset preferences

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?

The reinstall should probably have done this, but worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan, I've already tried both of those options. This has been ongoing for months. But now things are critical because I cannot work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's all saved locally. But for some reason I have to have creative cloud installed to use any of the software. It is annoying..trust me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screenshot when I open Premiere (after having to force close it in Task Manager). Nothing is displaying in the preview.No Preview.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peru Bob, I had actually uninstalled my driver and then reinstalled it from scratch. So rolling back does not appear to be an option. I wish it was. I too believe it is video card related but have no way to test my suspicions. Though AE works fine. Without a glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omninomninous  wrote

So rolling back does not appear to be an option.

Why not?

Drivers | GeForce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose it is because I uninstalled the driver and then resinstalled it from scratch. The option to rollback does not exist. It is grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fairly robust system. Here are the specs including video driver. It seems odd that the video driver would cause issues.

System Information

------------------

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

BIOS: 1.1.4 (type: UEFI)

Processor: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core Processor  (32 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

Memory: 32768MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 32654MB RAM

Page File: 11371MB used, 26146MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

Miracast: Available, with HDCP

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported

DxDiag Version: 10.00.17134.0001 64bit Unicode

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Type: Full Device (POST)

Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]

Device Problem Code: No Problem

Driver Problem Code: Unknown

Display Memory: 27453 MB

Dedicated Memory: 11127 MB

Shared Memory: 16326 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

HDR Support: Not Supported

Display Topology: Extend

Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709

Color Primaries: Red(0.644055,0.336437), Green(0.301281,0.611828), Blue(0.146984,0.068859), White Point(0.313977,0.329602)

Display Luminance: Min Luminance = 0.500000, Max Luminance = 270.000000, MaxFullFrameLuminance = 270.000000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas as to why Premiere never fully closes causing me to force stop it via task manager? These issues have to be linked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omninomninous  wrote

Any ideas as to why Premiere never fully closes causing me to force stop it via task manager? These issues have to be linked.

No, they are not.  That is a problem that I have experienced on and off since CS4.  It usually goes away by itself after a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Peru Bob suggested that you go to the card manufacturer's website for drivers ( his link in above message from him) to GET (download and install ) the driver previous to the one you currently have installed. If you go to device manager or something to make a note of your current graphic card driver ( write it down ) and THEN go to the link for drivers, you can see which one is earlier than the one you currently have, and download it etc.  ???

At least that's what I THINK he meant as a possible solution.

: )

Good luck !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rodneyb56060189  wrote

At least that's what I THINK he meant as a possible solution.

Yes, that is correct.

You should always download drivers directly from the manufacturer's website (except for some Dell and proprietary systems).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for taking some time to help me with this issue. I know your time is valuable. It means a lot that you are working with me to resolve the issue.

I downloaded drivers manually and tried that route. A few different versions. Did not work. But here is the strange thing. If I unplug my second monitor, then launch the software the footage is visible. Then I plugin my second monitor and can work. But I must do this every single time. What the heck is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds like a solution to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, there are a gazillion potential problems with hardware and software.

Some companies WANT control of your computer. Windows wants to have control of your monitors. So does NVidia, So does PPro.

These things are meant to help people and make things easy for everyone to use stuff. There's no bad intent.

But when working and things don't act the way you want, YOU have to figure out 'who has control' over your program and accessories ( printers, monitors, keyboards, mice, etc. )

Nobody here can do that for you because we don't hang out in your home or office where you have your stuff.

The ONLY thing people can do is try to recognize similar problems on similar systems and make suggestions.

Sorry, but that's life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AT this point it seems obvious that you now have to figure out WHO has control of your monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Years ago Radio Shack and places like that had stuff you could put "INLINE" between hardware stuff ( usb hubs, switches etc. )

There is probably a single pole, single throw switch ( on / off ) that you can stick between your computer and your second monitor, so you don't have to crawl around behind your monitor to disconnect your DVI or whatever port you have and plug back in.  Just throw the switch and it's done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines