Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MXF all black

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have Sony F65 RAW MXFs imported in PP CC Version 12.1 for PC (Win10)...

Some of them are totally fine even though there is no sound. On one hand PP says "Unokwn Error by creating the peaking files" ... then it says "Harddrive Error" but does not say with what file the problem came up.

But that is not my main prob... Some files are just black or totally white. But in the Preview of my SR-PC4 Card Reader the files are fine. I tried to clear the Cache and rename the content folder. But that didn´t work. I tried to use the Media Encoder but with no luck...

Does anyone have an Idea?

Thank You!

M

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're copying the full card to an internal media drive as a first step?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes of course the files are copied on my computer SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How you copy the cards can make a difference. I noticed you renamed your content folder, The way your camera names and folders your cards is actually important and can contribute to the media within not working correctly. If you are getting hard drive errors, you may be low on space or are running into admin/permission issues.

Also, did you use the native Premiere importer or Media Browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! And thanx for your time!

The name is totally the same to the created files on the card. I can only copy the files one way over the webinterface of the Cardreader SR-PC4.

I solved the "Harddisc Problem"...

The thing is... I have 45 Files. And 15 of them appear to be black or white in PP. Funny though: In the "Sony RAW Viewer" all files appear to be fine and can be played.

My guess is a codec problem.

Any ideas? 🙂 I have none so far

Thank you alot! Manu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do those files play OK in VLC or PotPlayer media players?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no unfortunately not. But the files play normal in the web interface of the card reader. And I noticed in Catalyst Prepare from Sony aswell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK.

Do the other files play OK in VLC or PotPlayer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines