• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 12.1.2: Bugs that have not been fixed or even acknowledged by Adobe

Contributor ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this forum is not being monitored by Adobe.

I have reported every single one of those bugs and even more on Adobe's Wishform and on UserVoice.

I'm tired of waiting a bug-free release. I know we can't have 100% bug free software, but all we ask is at least 50% bug free. We need to somehow, get the job done...

BUGS

1. No audio on project open, playback or export. Solo-Unsolo trick stopped working. Only solution is to restart Premiere. Adobe said it was fixed

2. Workspace change causes immediate crash. Only solution is to fit all windows in one workspace. Say goodbye to productivity. Has been acknowledged by Adobe.

3. Lumetri Scopes will sometimes display a white screen instead of the scopes.

4. Audio-ducking still doesn't work as supposed. You can blame it along with Audition integration for the whole chaos on Premiere on 12.0 and above.

5. Premiere still doesn't preserve workspace settings (metadata, bin view, timecode panels) on new projects. You have to reset to saved layout each and every time.

6. Sometimes when you insert or overwrite a clip in timeline, it doesn't appear. You have to move the playhead or do something else to see it.

7. Dynamics as a track insert effect will cause static noise on gaps. Again, thank Audition integration for this.

8. Motion and effect handles still disappear randomly. You can only move things numerically when this happens.

9. Audio shifts on EQ track effects (Subtle Boost, Dynamics, etc.) using Essential Sound or stand-alone. Spend hours trying to find the cause on a project.

10. Titles have the worst anti aliasing ever when playing the sequence. It even changes the font's strength. It's fine if it's paused or when exported.

3 months were more than enough to solve most if not all of them, but Adobe's 12.1.2 patch release was only to solve the famous disabled search box.

Thanks Adobe for the 1 out of 11.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

are you also experiencing these issues on CC2017? I kept a CC2017 install to do most on my work on it as it was working perfectly on my system, and only use CC2018 when I need one of the new features such as upgraded mogrts.

I know this is not a solution to your issues, but I hope this workaround will work for you,

All the best,

Seb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, those are all CC 2018 and further bugs only.

To my knowledge CC 2017 has it's own bugs which are also disturbing, plus many missing features.

Here is a well maintained list with some of them.

Taran's feature requests and bug reports for Premiere, After Effects, and other creative software - ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wolfkain  wrote

10. Titles have the worst anti aliasing ever when playing the sequence. It even changes the font's strength. It's fine if it's paused or when exported.

Have you tried turning on Hi-Quality Playback from the wrench icon on the program monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have. The problem is not visible with Hiqh Quality Playback, but this option is only intended for really high end machines.

I use it to verify how a frame will be exported, anti-alizing, scalings, ect. It should never be always on.

I'm on a i9 32 core CPU + nVidia Titan 1080 11GB and still cannot get a smooth playback with this option enabled.

Anyway, this problem arrived with the new Titler. It didn't exist before CC 2017 I think.

Thanks for your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

“

6. Sometimes when you insert or overwrite a clip in timeline, it doesn't appear. You have to move the playhead or do something else to see it

“

This one has been there in previous versions - haven’t seen it in 2018.1.2 yet (but have only used that for one day so far)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines