• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I disable the window that says "illegal characters in name"

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On certain Adobe documents I receive, when I start to scroll down the page a box pops up that says "Illegal characters in name". I close the box, and as soon as I start scrolling, the box pops up again.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's very likely a sign of a corrupt PDF. The "name" is actually a part of the PDF structure. If this is a PDF file you've created, re-create it and see if you still get the problem. If it's from some other source, complain to the author or distributor and see if you can get a clean version of the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It is from an engineering company returning marked up submittals from my company. The only page that is corrupt is the cover sheet they added. I will complain to them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's very likely caused by the software they are using to create that cover sheet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines