Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Output file not playable

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

for my master thesis I recorded the world cup each day (around 5 files / per day), put the files together and add a timestamp. That worked every day, but the output from the last day is not readable. I don't see any difference in the file information, the file size is analogous to the other days.

I exported the file several times, same result every time. I have no idea whatsoever why this happened, who can help?

Cheers,

Jonas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload screenshots or something to help us understand exactly what is happening to you because your explanation is a bit confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonas,

We need a lot more information to understand your issue and troubleshoot.

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand the question.

Did you start a timeline sequence in PPro and import files each time you had new files to import and added to the same timeline ( which now grows larger the more you add )? And everything plays well in PPro until the last file(s) you imported ?

When you say 'Output' to you mean EXPORT from PPro ?

What source files are you using, what version of PPro, what computer, etc. ??

Hopefully you'll get it solved before you have to describe anything in more detail.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I try to provide more information. As I said, I didn't really know where to start.

I use Premiere Pro CC Version 12.1.2 (Build 69) on Windows 10. All updates should be installed.

Screenshot of my layout and the problematic sequence (it's all on german, as you can only change the language by reinstalling...)

Premiere workspace.png

Screenshot of my export settings, I tried it directly from premiere as well as via adobe media encoder:

Premiere export.png

These are the properties of one of the source files (roughly translated from german):

Typ: MPEG-movie

File size: 3,28 GB

Pixel: 1024 x 576

Framerate: 50,00

Audio format source: 48000 Hz - komprimiert - Stereo

Audioformat project: 48000 Hz - 32-Bit-Floating-Point - Stereo

Duration: 04:57:07:42

Pixel-side ratio: 1,0

Variable Framerate found

In Premiere the sequence is very well playable, but when I want to play the exported file, there is just a black screen (time is running though).

Properties of the exported but not working file:

For clarification, here is what I did again in more detail:

- download the recording of a days fifa world cup media coverage from YouTV (several files per day)

- import these files in premiere pro cc

- put the files together in one sequence so they cover the whole game day of the broadcasting tv station.

- add a timecode effect

- export the sequence

As I said, I did this for every of the 25 days of the world cup and it worked every day, except for the last day. I did nothing different, thats why I'm pretty lost...

Looking forward to your help. If you need any more information, just let me know.

Jonas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines