• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Export YouTube 1080p60fps Video

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to export a series of videos created on my desktop, using Premiere to merge and export them (3 in total for this example). Each is a compressed .MOV file, with a size of about 5MB. Total between the three is 15MB. The resolution is 1920x1080, the frame rate is 60fps, the audio sample rate is 48kHz. I am running windows 10 and Premiere Pro CC 2018.

My goal: to export a reasonably sized .MOV file (<20MB), or some other YouTube-compatible format that supports my resolution and frame rate. I have created a sequence with the desired settings using the 'Custom' editing mode, see below (because for some reason there is no H.264 option) and imported each of my clips. However, when I go to File->Export Media, the default Output settings are 720x480 (NOT my sequence settings, and not what I want). Further, the options to change the video settings are greyed out! When I click "Match Sequence settings" I get the right resolution and frame rate, but the default setting is uncompressed video, and the exported video is several GB. There does not appear to be a way to change these compression settings, as once I click "Match Sequence Settings" everything, including the video quality, is greyed out. Does Premiere just not support this use case? Video compression seems like such a basic and important task. I know it is possible to export QuickTime files with the compression level I want because the videos I am importing have such compression. What am I missing?

sequence_settings.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

roman24t,

You should have a H.264 export preset. Look for it under Format in your Export Settings dialog box, not your Sequence Settings. Let us know how that goes.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Twirl down the format menu and set it to H.264

Then under Preset pick Youtube 1080p

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no H.264 option (as I said in my post)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give up on the QuickTime requirement.  Export an MP4 file instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I cannot give up on the QuickTime requirement, because YouTube appears to reduce the resolution and frame rate of my 1080p60fps to 360p 30fps after uploading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YT does not reduce resolution or framerate. It sometimes makes misstake but then you upload again.

You need to give YT some time to process the clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For YouTube, I would actually recommend going back to QuickTime, but using the Cineform YUV 10 bit Preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

roman24t,

You should have a H.264 export preset. Look for it under Format in your Export Settings dialog box, not your Sequence Settings. Let us know how that goes.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU. This is where the YouTube 1080P HD preset lives as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

roman24t  escribió

YouTube appears to reduce the resolution and frame rate of my 1080p60fps to 360p 30fps after uploading.

YouTube adjusts the quality according to the speed of the data you have.

According to what I interpret, it is not selecting in the configuration of the player, to reproduce it in the highest quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines