• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat crashing

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tenho um Macbook Pro Touch Bar e recentemente adquiri a assinatura do Creative CLoud.
Não baixei todos os aplicativos, mas de todos os que baixei apenas o Acrobat não funciona.
Congela, trava, me forçando encerrar o aplicativo para continuar usando o computador. Não aparece nenhum código de erro - apenas fica "pensando"e trava completamente.
Já atualizei a versão do OS (High Sierra), desinstalei e instalei novamente o Acrobat, mas o problema persiste.

Trabalho com comunicação e isso está se tornando um enorme problema para mim. Podem me ajudar, por favor?

I have a Macbook Pro Touch Bar and recently acquired the Creative CLoud subscription.

I did not download all the applications, but of all that I downloaded only Acrobat does not work.

It freezes, crashes, forcing me to terminate the application to continue using the computer.

I have already updated the OS (High Sierra), uninstalled and installed Acrobat again, but the problem persists.

I work with communication and this is becoming a huge problem for me. Can you help me please?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yaraterra,

As per the issue description mentioned above, Acrobat DC is crashing on your mac machine, is that correct?

Try the troubleshooting steps given in the help document given below:

Troubleshoot Mac OS 10.x system errors, freezes | Adobe software

Also, let us know dot version of Acrobat installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Shivan!
I had already done all the steps (after an internet search on possible problems to happen).

I did it again today, but the problem persists.

The version of my Acrobat is: Acrobat Pro DC, 2018.011.20055.

Even to raise that numbering was very difficult. The application hangs and stays "thinking" until it stops.

I've wasted a lot of time on this, and it's harming my job.

Do you have any other suggestions about what might be happening? That is common?

Thanks,

Yara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yara,

Could you try resetting preferences for Acrobat using the steps given in this link: How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.  reboot the machine after resetting preferences and check.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps given in the following link discussing the similar issue:

OSX / Adobe Reader / spinning pinwheel after clicking each element and problems with selecting text ...

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Shivan...

I did not find any of the items listed in the link that you sent me, and the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yaraterra,

Could you try disabling enhanced security by launching Acrobat click > Edit > Preferences > under Categories, click Security (Enhanced) > uncheck the box next to enhanced security > click OK and check.

Note: disabling enhanced security is for troubleshooting purpose only, and not recommended. Please turn the feature back on after troubleshooting is complete.

If that doesn't work, try creating a new user account on the machine, login into the account and launch Acrobat from there.

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi yaraterra,

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update (19.012.20036) containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html

Please try it out and let us know if the issue is resolved or not.

Regards,

Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines