• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What constitutes a "selection" when rotating pages

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a number of documents where I need to selectively rotate some pages. The most convenient way for me to do this is whilst adding bookmarks to the document. I assumed that if a page was visible on the screen, it was "selected", and having selected to rotate the "selected page" I found all of the pages in the document had been rotated. I solved the problem by opening the thumbnail view and clicking on the page to rotate in the thumbnails, but I find it very illogical that the page I am actually looking at is not considered to be the "selected" page.

Am I missing something?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

There are two ways to rotate, with several methods to do either.

One is to rotate the view. You can do this from the View menu or by right-clicking (and more). All pages will rotate. If you save, close, and reopen, the rotated view will be gone.

The other is to rotate the page(s). You can do this in the Pages panel and in Organize pages, etc. Select the pages in the Pages panel or Organize pages, then rotate. The dialog also lets you choose odd, even, a range, etc.

I see new user confuse these two

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Silver.hunter,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are facing issue when trying to rotate pages in a pdf, is that correct?

If a page in a pdf is selected while in page thumbnails mode, it will show the selection (1, 2 ) as seen in the screenshot below:

Let us know if you have a further query.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Viewing a page does not select it. You will need to click it in the Pages panel for it to be selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Tools > Organize Pages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are two ways to rotate, with several methods to do either.

One is to rotate the view. You can do this from the View menu or by right-clicking (and more). All pages will rotate. If you save, close, and reopen, the rotated view will be gone.

The other is to rotate the page(s). You can do this in the Pages panel and in Organize pages, etc. Select the pages in the Pages panel or Organize pages, then rotate. The dialog also lets you choose odd, even, a range, etc.

I see new user confuse these two quite often. Are you rotating the page or the view?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines