• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying iPhone camera roll photos to desktop computer and LR Classic catalog via LR CC app

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive the very basic question; I want to be sure I have this right before I get too far down the road.

All I want to do is copy my iPhone camera roll photos to my desktop LR Classic catalog.

I have activated sync in desktop LR Classic

I have downloaded the LR CC iOS app to my phone

I have used the app on my phone to add a few photos to sync, and they have appeared in my LR Classic catalog as expected

What I don't fully grasp is just how much "syncing" to expect

It appears to me that what's happening now is that the process as I've set it up is creating a new copy of the iPhone camera roll photos on my desktop computer (in the new "mobile downloads" folder inside the folder where my LR Classic catalog lives).

I think that if I now delete that "synced" original from my phone's camera roll, the copy of the photo that's been created on my computer will be unaffected.

And vice-versa: If I delete the copy from my LR Classic catalog, the original photo on my phone will be unaffected.

So the way I've set this up, it's not really "syncing" between my phone's camera roll and my LR Classic catalog. Instead, it's just producing duplicates of my camera roll photos on my computer.

Do I have that right? If so, I can work with that. Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Yes, correct. If you delete the photo from the iPhone, the copy in Lightroom Classic remains. It will be removed from the synced collection, but not be deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, correct. If you delete the photo from the iPhone, the copy in Lightroom Classic remains. It will be removed from the synced collection, but not be deleted.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines