• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File won't/will open

New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat 7.0 professional. When I try to open some pdfs I get the error "There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired" but if I right click on the file and open with reader it works fine. Most times I will open it with reader and just re-save it and then it will open with professional.

What is the fix?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jimw,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Acrobat 7 is an old version and not supported with the newer operating system. You may try updating Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu, reboot the machine after installing update and check if that helps.

You may also refer to the following help document discusses the similar issue:

PDF file is damaged and could not be repaired

File is damaged or cannot be repaired

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply. But I don't think that is the issue because most of the time i'm downloading a set of drawings made up of 20 to 40 PDFs. Those files would have been made by the same person. Most of the time I will get that error message on half of the files but some will open fine. I would think the problem would be with all the files if it was an update problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines