• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Panorama Merge

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shot a 22 RAW image panorama series with my Nikon 750.  Tried to merge all 22 into a panorama but Lightroom refused to do it.  Therefore, I broke the series in the middle where a barn roof appears on the right end of the first pano and on the left end of the second pano.  I've exported the results as JPG files.  Now I have tried to make a pano out of the two JPG's and Lightroom will not do it.  Is there a way around this?  What is causing Lightroom to fail here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing the images it would be difficult to diagnose. Is this a single row panorama or a multiple row panorama? I have a Nikon D7100 (not the same category of camera, I know) I have done multiple row panoramas with as many as 24 raw images. Seems to me that there must be something in one of those images that Lightroom doesn't like. But, of course I could be wrong and probably am wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Refused to do it"? Meaning what?

Was there an error message? If so, please quote the exact complete unedited word-for-word error message.

Or, did Lightroom crash when you tried this?

Or, did Lightroom crunch for hours until you finally decided to stop it?

Or, something else happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mikeh13630987  wrote

I shot a 22 RAW image panorama series with my Nikon 750.  Tried to merge all 22 into a panorama but Lightroom refused to do it.  Therefore, I broke the series in the middle where a barn roof appears on the right end of the first pano and on the left end of the second pano.  I've exported the results as JPG files.  Now I have tried to make a pano out of the two JPG's and Lightroom will not do it.  Is there a way around this?  What is causing Lightroom to fail here?

Lightroom is very picky when it comes to the images. They must all have the exact same dimensions, and the exact same focal length. One pixel difference and Lightroom will give you an error. A slight change of the focal length because you touched the zoom ring and again Lightroom will not stitch the images.

So to answer the second question first: That is why stitching two rows and then trying to stitch a third panorama from those two rows is bound to fail: the pixel dimensions of the two stitched rows will not be exactly the same. And no, cropping then first in Lightroom won't work, because that is a non-destructive crop.

Now for the first question: I can't tell you why the attempt to stitch all 24 images failed without seeing the images, but this could well be for the reason mentioned above. Or maybe there isn't enough overlap between the rows.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines