• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retrieving my site - HELP

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning / Afternoon / or .... Evening!

I find myself in a pickle. I am not the most computer savvy of people, but I can get by. Here is my problem;

I was making an adjustment to the site which is up and operational - in my rush to adjust a photo item which seemed to have unlinked itself a prompt box came along and asked if I wanted to make it a site wide adjustment.

I did not read it correctly - or -knowing me - did not fully understand it. So I said yes ..... and then my entire site on the computer, two weeks of work, disappeared from my computer - I thought for a split second I had lost just the update, but no - all I have is a first outdated version saved from when I started.

The site is still up - I need to finish it - soon, as I am very close to launching my business, the big question,

HOW do I reverse the process and pull it down to the computer? Is this possible?

I really really don't want to have to spend another two weeks rebuilding it all over again, learning as I go ..... it was painful, but doable!

All help very gratefully received.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so this edit was done using Muse or IBE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working through Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea, what you are describing. Making „side wide adjustments“ is no alert appearing in Muse.

But, to make it short: There is no way to reconstruct that Muse file from its HTML output data. It is like trying to retrieve the ingredients from a ready made meal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your comment - i did say I didn't read it very well -

So when a site is retrieved back to a computer it just grabs the files - or data - and matches it to the existing files on the computer - if I have an early version - would it not just pop that cake mixture into those files?

It does sound by your tone though I am a bit screwed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing the exported files from the server back to your machine won‘t do anything to the assets of your existing Muse file, as long as you don‘t overwrite the old files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your comments -

Its that question though, just incase I can - is it possible to import through Muse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can replace assets of your older Muse file, by the assets, which you re-import from your server. But that’s it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mr. Gunter - thank you for your time. It remains a mystery on how (using the frenchman's words, killed my original files. I will mark this question answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, si c'est le muse qui a été perdu, donc, le projet local, là, c'est mort, dans ce cas, il faut télécharger les fichiers du serveur par FTP et faire les corrections à la main dans le code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci pour votre message, il semblerait que j'ai beaucoup de travail devant moi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines