• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which version of LR for T6i

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently just got a new camera,  Have it set for Raw and JPEG formats.  After I pull the photos off of the camera using the EOS utility i get two files,  CR2 and JPEG

I don't think i'm using the right versions of the software as LR 5.7.1 will not open CR2 Files

Any help would be appriciated

Rebel T6i

LR 5.7.1 (Trial)

Windows 7

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

The T6i was first supported in Lightroom 6. Version 5.7.1 will never be able to open those Raw files.

Any reason you are running a trial version of 5.7.1? Adobe no longer sells it so you could not buy it if you wanted to unless you're buying old stock from a 3rd party which could be pirated.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

The T6i was first supported in Lightroom 6. Version 5.7.1 will never be able to open those Raw files.

Any reason you are running a trial version of 5.7.1? Adobe no longer sells it so you could not buy it if you wanted to unless you're buying old stock from a 3rd party which could be pirated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're getting raw and JPEGs when importing images from your camera then your camera is set up to shoot in raw+jpeg.

Your version of Lightroom won't open raw files from your camera. You will need to upgrade to Lightroom 6 or CC.

You also mentioned that you're running a trail of Lightroom. If you're running a trial just download the latest version of Lightroom and all will be fine 😉

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download the free DNG converter and create DNG copies that Lightroom 5 will import. But, as has been indicated, there isn't anywhere that I know of that Lightroom 5 can be purchased anymore. You can purchase Lightroom 6 as a standalone program. However, it is no longer being updated and has reached its end of life. It will support the camera, but you will not have any support from Adobe. And as operating systems evolve it will eventually implode as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for the help,   I tried to update to the current version, but am running a 32 bit system haha.  I was able to dig up an older but 64 bit system and was able to edit and somewhat run Premier.   Shopping for a new system now as my gaming tower is no longer sufficient.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines