• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere isn't importing video from my clip only audio!

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been making a short film with no issues on importing my video files for months, now out of nowhere it will only allow the audio to be imported but no the video!! Need help ASAP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this problem recently.  I tried reencoding in media encoder but IT didn't see the video either.

What ended up doing the trick is putting it in media encoder 2014; it sees the video and I re-encoded it, then I could import and see the actual video in premiere.

Not the greatest workaround but it works...wonder if it has something to do with the decommissioning of codecs that's going on.

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mike,

I need this file for testing purposes if it's ok with you. So, please share a small sample of the file or if the file is not too large then share the original one. I will revert once I check the file and figure out the issue.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's too big to attach.  I've put it on my google drive so you can get it

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16rpHKs_hcLbfIss5pubr_DAZQuH1Cp7L

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm interest for the answer from ADOBE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the file. I will get back to you ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, what is the source of the file like Make and Model of the camera or the download information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it was a screen capture made using quicktime

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump, I’m experiencing the same problem. I’ve tried reinstalling premiere pro and media encoder CC, but neither have been fixed.

it might also be worth noting that importing videos causes them to be identified as audio, rather than video or another format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try reencoding the file using a previous version of encoder (not 2018).  This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would I get An older version of the encoder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the creative cloud app, if you click on the little down arrow next to the media encored app and select other versions (you might have to install the older version of premiere first...not sure if it's dependant on premiere.

screen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I shouldn't have to install an older version of Premiere Pro to import both the audio and the video.  It comes down to some kind of fight between Apple and Adobe.  It is only videos that my daughter shot with her iPhone 13.  All footage shot on my DJI Air 2S drone, an older Sony HDVC, a very old iPhone 5s, and my DJI OSMO Mobile 3 imported perfectly.  I have had this issue in the past on a major project I was working on and I cannot for the life of me remember what I did to work around the Adobe issues...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines