• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR slows down and freezes since the last update ... What to do?

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I work under windows 10 (up to date)

I updated Lightroom a week ago (version 7.2 and Camera Raw 10.2). Since then, LR has become incredibly slow. At times it freezes and I have no access to anything. A few minutes ago, in the "library" I could not check the keywords for a photo. Moreover, when LR works, this slowdown wins all the other applications. How to remedy these dysfunctions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What functions in Lightroom are slow? Is it just the keywording, or others? Please be specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR slows down in his general focus! For example, in the "development" module, there are latencies of 3 to 7/8 seconds between the requested action and the execution of this action ... All settings are impacted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on my Mac.  getting really fed up with it I changed to Mac because I was advised it is better for LR PS etc. There seems to be no answer. I have to keep Reseting!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How big is your monitor in pixels? Do not tell me inches.

Are you doing a lot of brushing and/or a lot of spot healing on a photo?

I am not really aware of significant reasons why LR on a MAC is superior to LR on a PC. Perhaps you just accepted some marketing hype as true?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Display is5 Retina 27” 5120x2880 with Radeon R9 M390 3048 mb graphics. I don’t do a lot of heavy processor work. Any help would be appreciated. I have several friends who use Macs and they persuaded be to go Mac not any advertising.

Cheers, Bob

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be willing to bet that the monitor resolution is the primary cause of slowness. Furthermore, your exact GPU is an older GPU designed for mobile computer usage ("The AMD Radeon R9 M390 is a mobile graphics card from 2015" from this link), and probably not powerful enough for LR with a 5K screen.

Can you try an experiment? Change the monitor resolution to something a lot smaller (1920x1080 or around there) if possible, and see if Lightroom is faster.

I'll stick with my previous statement, I don't think that LR on a MAC is superior to LR on Windows or vice versa. It all depends on your hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find how to change the screen resolution, I have chosen a larger viewing size, that hasn’t made any difference.

Thanks for you help,

Bob Cross

Robert_29Cross@icloud.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bobski0118  wrote

I cannot find how to change the screen resolution,

I can't answer Mac questions, see if Google can explain how to lower screen resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will do thanks,

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines