• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Green and pink flashing in project and render (Premiere Pro and Media Encoder 2018)

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm working on a desktop with Premiere Pro CC 2018 (v12.0), and am experiencing these green and pink/purple flashes when rendering out the project via Premiere Pro and Media Encoder both. My desktop is currently utilizing an AMD Radeon Pro WX 3100 GPU with the most recent drivers, Intel Core i5-7500 @ 3.40GHz CPU, and 16gb RAM. Windows is also updated to it's current version.

I have researched this event occurring, and noticed that it has occurred with users who are utilizing Intel integrated GPU, but I wanted to throw this out there and see if there couldn't be another issue as well.

1.PNG

Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

If you have tried the solutions mentioned here, including this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/green-purple-streaks-premiere-pro.html

Then I recommend you try this

Go to Edit> Preferences> Media and remove the checkbox before the item: enable Intel h.264 decoding (requires restart), o (12.1.2) Enable hardware accelerated decoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Try to make AMD your default GPU. Make sure you shut down Premiere Pro before making any changes and restart your machine after the changes are made.

https://support.serato.com/hc/en-us/articles/202305784-Changing-graphics-card-settings-to-use-your-d...

You can also switch your Mercury Playback engine to "Software only" mode in Premiere Pro from File>Project Settings>General>Renderer.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vinay,

I believe the AMD gpu is currently my default gpu. I am not able to access a "Graphics Properties" panel from the desktop. Is this only a Win7/Win8 feature? What I see is:

2.PNG

Is this an issue with it being the Radeon Pro series?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to install AMD catalyst from the below link.

How-To Install AMD Catalyst™ Drivers For A Windows® Based System

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link Vinay.

I don't believe I am able to access Catalyst with the Enterprise edition. I attempted to install and was given the message that assets and files are already installed. Unfortunately, for the time being, I am going to have to render using the Software settings. They work without the green and pink issues, but take forever to render.

Additionally, this is the same user as above. I just realized too late that I was logged in via another user at my company.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi csilkwood,

One customer had success after reinstalling the following driver: 15.60.2.4901

See if that might work for you in resolving this issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Is this an AMD specific driver, or a Win10 driver?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be Intel driver. Try updating the driver from below link.

Download Drivers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have currently updated the AMD card to the most recent drivers, and the issue is continuing to occur. Could this be a problem with the card itself not working well with Premiere Pro/Media Encoder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

Please try the step below.

Render the timeline just a portion(s) where you see glitches after export or if it is complete export then choose any in/out points in the timeline and render it by going to Sequence menu>Render in to out option.

Once done check if there are any glitches in the playback. If not, then try exporting that sequence and in the export Window select "Include Preview Files". Check the exported file and if it is fine then apply this on the complete sequence.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have selected a set portion of the video, and rendered it using the 'Enter' key. After the render, it continues to show the green flashing (if you would like, I can attach a small video file). I will check the XML to verify, but after testing and rendering the same project out on a Macbook Pro (13-inch, mid 2014, High Sierra, 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 with Intel Iris 1536 MB), the preview and output file did not contain the green issues from before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you applied any Color Correction in the sequence? If yes, try to remove it and then export.

Also, check if you have any other card in Addition to Intel Iris pro on the machine. You can check it by going to Apple Icon>About this MAC>System Report>Graphics Adapters.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sequence does contain color correction, added via an adjustment layer. I toggled it off, and the green has stopped. Is this an issue with Color Correction in general, or adjustment layers? I would very much like to color correct my footage, as the camera it was shot on was not one of the highest quality for video.

Additionally, the mac is not an issue (problems exist on the Windows machine).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the Tech specs of Windows machine like RAM, Graphics Card, Hard drive etc?

This can be an issue if the color correction applied does not blend well with the footage with Blacks/Mids/Whites, Saturation and white balance.

Also, which Video player are you using to check the exported clips? Try importing them back in Premiere Pro and check if you get the same issue or not. If not, then try any other video player. I have seen this issue mostly on Windows Media Player.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My desktop is currently utilizing an AMD Radeon Pro WX 3100 GPU with the most recent drivers, Intel Core i5-7500 @ 3.40GHz CPU, Toshiba hard drive (physically in the desktop, with the projects being contained on a workplace server) and 16gb RAM. I will try to get the exact type of RAM as soon as I can meet with the company IT.

I will verify in the project that the color correction does or does not blend properly, and make sure that it is corrected if needed.

Additionally, the videos are being viewed in both media player and VLC, and additionally uploaded to Youtube, where they continue to display the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a quick side note...

I sat down this morning to play around with the project and, just for fun, joked about adding a Color Key effect to the clip. This joke somehow managed to remove the entire issue from the clip in preview. Not sure what is going on but hey, I'm not mad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you should try color correction on clips rather that an Adjustment layer.May be it is causing this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try this.

One thing I am now noticing is that, when attempting to render the file, I am unable to select Hardware Acceleration under encoder settings.

3.PNG

4.PNG

I am under the impression that the AMD Radeon Pro WX 3100 GPU is on the recommended list (by Adobe). Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

Hardware Encoding is something different than GPU encoding and Decoding. It has some limitation which are mentioned below.

Hardware Encoding (H.264) - Win Intel Support

Supported Hardware

Requires Intel CPU w/QuickSync (Sandy Bridge or newer Intel CPU)

To Enable/Disable

set the Format to H.264. Then, in Export Settings, set Performance to: "Hardware Accelerated"

Hardware Decoding (H.264) - Win Intel Support

Note: While this feature is already available in the shipping version of Premiere Pro there have been some changes under the hood that

necessitate calling this out along with the new features.

Supported Hardware

Requires Intel CPU w/QuickSync (Clarkdale/Arrandale or newer Intel CPU)

Xeon CPUs will not support this acceleration

Limits of Hardware Accelerated Support

Non-square Pixel Aspect Ratios (PAR) are not hardware accelerated

Only Progressive Field Order will be hardware accelerated

Rec2020 and HDR will not be hardware accelerated

8K UHD will not be hardware accelerated

Profile Main10 will not be hardware accelerated

Level 5.1 and lower will be hardware accelerated

Video-only exports will not be hardware accelerated (must be both Video/ Audio)

Bitrate Encoding: "CBR" & "VBR, 2 pass" will not be hardware accelerated

Multiplexer: None and 3GPP will not be hardware accelerated

Hardware encodes will often not follow the Profile and Level set in Export Settings, but should fall within acceptable ranges.

So, the possibilities of this feature is still huge and we are exploring it for sure. I have provided a link below where you can check your Windows CPU compatibility for quick sync but there is nothing for MAC as of now.

https://ark.intel.com/Search/FeatureFilter?productType=processors&QuickSyncVideo=true

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So then, in the instance of attempting to render a video (Ctrl+M, and Queuing into Media Encoder), would I need to change to Hardware Encoding at all, or is Software Encoding ok? And then would I still be able to use the AMD GPU to utilize OpenCL in Media Encoder, or would this not connect and work?

I apologize for the many disjointed questions, but this situation has never happened to me while working with Premiere before, and the position I am in currently is only a month old (I'm trying to make sure it stays as well).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Collin,

GPU helps if there are GPu accelerated effects applied in the sequence. In AME you can select Open CL while exporting and it should work fine. If there are any issues with color grading then try software only mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vinay,

I apologize for the delay in responding. I have been working with our IT team to see if we can't correct the issue, but we are not coming up with any results.

I am really hoping to use the GPU acceleration for rendering out these videos, as they are utilizing different effects that really drag down the render time when done on CPU, as well as the fact that I usually render out multiple projects at a time in AME. We have also worked with AMD to roll back the GPU software to see if that helps, but none of that has changed the flickering issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colln,

I have sent you a DM.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vinay,

Adobe rolled out an update today for Premiere Pro, and based on my previous call with Support, I was informed that this would correct issues I, and many of us, were having with the Green and Pink lines on rendered footage. And while this is corrected for some parts (previously, my adjustment layers were causing issue and now they are not), some new errors have arisen that I would love to get back in touch with support to check on.

Currently, if I export a sequence into an .mp4 and bring that video into another project, it displays the green and pink bars after rendering. I would LOVE to be able to utilize my GPU to render, as it helps to reduce the time spent on project renders for effect heavy projects, but it seems that this is still causing issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

-Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

Let me check this and get back to you ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines