• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour difference between a computer and a phone (after export)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been having this issue for a while now and you will probably be able to tell what I'm doing wrong.
Once I'm done my editing, color-correction etc... , I export my video and put it on Youtube. The problem is that the color isn't quite the same between what I'm seeing on Premiere Pro (the sound is also not as loud on Youtube as it is on the Premiere Pro), but the most annoying part is that when I use the Youtube app on the my phone to look at the video, the color is something pretty different from what I'm seeing on my computer through Youtube (and also from what I'm seeing on Premiere Pro). For one of my videos, I even had a difference of colours between two different computers : a mac and a windows hp.

I feel like I'm doing something wrong here, can someone help me on this?

Thanks!
Fanette

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You color correct using a calibrated display.  How it looks anywhere else is beyond your control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that's actually what I first thought so I wasn't too worried about it but as it kept happening and that the differences sometimes are pretty big I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong without even knowing it lol! But glad I'm not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim has it right. There is absolutely no way to set color in one computer and have the media show exactly the same on any other computer or device out there.

This is why there are broadcast standards, which PrPro abides by ... currently, Rec. 709, which also specifies an sRGB color space for the device and a gamma. Within that device, it needs a high level of calibration to insure accurate color. Again, PrPro abides by this.

But 'out in the wild', every screen of any type will be different from any other screen. And you have no control of this whatever.

By correcting to the pro standards within PrPro, if on a properly setup and calibrated system, your exports will look within the same range on other screens as other pro-produced media will.

And neither your material, nor that other pro produced media, will look precisely the same as on the systems they were created.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer, it makes a lot of sense, I really just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrond. I'm gonna definitely try to look at broadcast standards and see if I can work around with that, as I never used things like that before Thanks a lot for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, when I started out, there were so many things that were so blasted confusing.  But as I've gone farther, I've found many more things that are vastly more confusing  ... lol

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines