• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 3.6 on an IMac importing from a Iphone 7 not working

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently tried to import photos from my iPhone 7 and have run into issues.  I'm running Lightroom 3.6.

Previously, when importing, the phone would show up on the left hand side of the screen during import as a source option.  It no longer does.  I've spent a couple of hours trying to find a simple answer to how to overcome this issue.  The answers I have found vary but all sound quite complicated and require more software and/or multiple steps.  I cannot believe that importing photos into lightroom from an iPhone can be this difficult. 

The intent is to pull in photos from multiple sources to then build metadata to drive photo albums. 

Does anyone have a straightforward answer on this?

Is this issue fixed in newer versions of Lightroom (Classic or Cloud)?

If not, what do you use to get around this issue?  I prefer to stay with Lightroom (I've used it for years and really like it) but am open to other software options.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is now at at version 7.4 which is only cloud based application. So support and updates for this version ended several years ago after the introduction of version 4.

Maybe an upgrade / update of your operating system has changed the environment on your computer so you need to supply as much details as possible.

LR 3.6 was released in Dec 2011, and there have been no further updates to this version.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

efrank99  wrote

I recently tried to import photos from my iPhone 7 and have run into issues.  I'm running Lightroom 3.6.

Previously, when importing, the phone would show up on the left hand side of the screen during import as a source option.  It no longer does.  I've spent a couple of hours trying to find a simple answer to how to overcome this issue.  The answers I have found vary but all sound quite complicated and require more software and/or multiple steps.  I cannot believe that importing photos into lightroom from an iPhone can be this difficult. 

The intent is to pull in photos from multiple sources to then build metadata to drive photo albums. 

Does anyone have a straightforward answer on this?

Is this issue fixed in newer versions of Lightroom (Classic or Cloud)?

If not, what do you use to get around this issue?  I prefer to stay with Lightroom (I've used it for years and really like it) but am open to other software options.

Are the photos JPG? If they are some other format that is produced on newer iPhones, they will not import.

If they are JPGs, then please describe the "issues" you are having in detail. What does happen? What is the exact word-for-word error message? Have you looked into possible hardware issues? Such as: a bad cable (try replacing it) or a bad USB port (try a different port).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines