• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe professional 8 Professional cannot be launched at this time (Windows)

New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of the blue i started getting the message, "Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional cannot be launched at this time.  You must launch at least one other suite component (such as Adobe Photoshop) before launching Acrobat 8 Professional"  I have seen a lot of fixes for Mac os but can't find any solution for windows.  The message appears as soon as i highlight a file, i.e. just click once on it, the message will pop up. I've tried to repair the installation but still no luck.  running 8.3.1 other than this recent issue this older version works fine for me.  anyone on the windows side find a solution to this problem?

(i know this is not a reader problem, but i couldn't find the Adobe Acrobat Community.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

What's your version of Windows? Acrobat 8 is extremely old and not compatible with any current OS version, so problems with it are to be expected. You should try running it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier version (like Windows XP), and that ​might​ work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Acrobat forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Southdaytona,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are facing issue when trying to install Acrobat 8 on Windows machine, is that correct?

Could you try Solution #1 given in the following help document and check if that helps?

Error: "Acrobat 8 Professional cannot be launched" | Adobe Creative Suite 3

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What's your version of Windows? Acrobat 8 is extremely old and not compatible with any current OS version, so problems with it are to be expected. You should try running it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier version (like Windows XP), and that ​might​ work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines