• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG Flat Field Plugin and Lr Classic CC 7.4

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried running the plugin and it's not removing dust spots.

Is the plugin adding a blur to the calibration frame?

My plugin version is 1.0.0.9 - is there a newer version that I'm not finding?

Best Regards

Andy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never used "DNG FF" Plugin.

I have just read the PDF from the link in  Plug-ins for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom | Adobe Labs

There is no mention of "removing dust spots" if you are referring to sensor dust.

I doubt this is a function of DNG FF Plugin. Unless you know different

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A flat field or LCP frame DOES remove dust from the image - as long as there is no blurring applied to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wildlife_in_Pixels  wrote

A flat field or LCP frame DOES remove dust from the image - as long as there is no blurring applied to it.

I don't know if there is blurring, but I would not think so. The problem with sensor spots is that they are different for each aperture value however. If you shoot wide open, you'll hardly see the spot because it is big and faint. If you stop down, the spot becomes smaller and sharper. That means that you need a different reference image for each aperture value, so maybe that is why it doesn't work. I never tried the plugin, however.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works perfectly in Raw Therapee using a flat shot straight after the main picture. Watch my video Raw Therapee Flat Field* - YouTube  - skip to 8mins 15s to see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to convince me that it works in other software. It's also not very relevant. I never said that Flat Field does not remove dust spots. What I said was that it may not work correctly if your original image and your reference image were shot with different apertures.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wildlife_in_Pixels  wrote

As WobertC​ said, the plugin docs don’t mention dust spots so just because other programs do it doesn’t mean the Lr plugin will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines