• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search Engine Optimisation

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have recently started using muse and have created & published a website successfully. However, even if I type the entire website name, it's not showing on google. Going back to my page properties in muse I noticed that the section "HTML for <head>" under "Metadata is showing blank. I am attaching the snapshot of the same. What details exactly goes in that section? Will be great if someone can help soon. Thanks!Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 12.53.06 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

make a short (true and clear) decription of your site mission i.e, assume this is what ends up in the Google search engine space so put the effort into it

Screenshot (1161).png

ignore the keywords... Google does

and the head space is only used if you need some code to match up with what is in the body of your site... so for most Muse users that = ignore it

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.google.com/addurl   might be one tool.

How "recently" did you publish? Google may take from one week to several weeks before your site shows up.

Did you use real text for your website?

Didi you create page title and page description for your site?

Your screenshot shows the DESCRIPTION.

Keywords are less important if at all. HTML for <head> if you need some extra coding.

Watch out here:  https://www.muse-themes.com/blogs/news/6103624-seo-in-adobe-muse-search-engine-optimization

or search for "5 Tips for better SEO in Muse" on youtube.

Would you mind to provide a link to your site?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

The landing page was published a week back.

Link for the site: www.safeplace.org.sg

I used web fonts for all text.

I am clear about "Description" & "keywords" under metadata as I can manually fill it.

How do I manually fill "HTML for <head> and what is the content that goes into that?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

Ritu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I never was in the need to fill in something here (html for head), I kind of know, that you may use some ceratin kind of CSS or Javascript to fill in. I must admit, that Nancy OShea​ and Ussnorway may have some better insights here .

I am a strict non coder ( since now ) .

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the tutorial, it was automatically filled however everything was blank when I opened page properties in my file.

Even I am a non-coder & hence clueless about the content in that section.

But thanks anyways.

Ritu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

„HTML for <head>“ isn’t primarily something, what affects SEO. Here you can for example add HTML code, which affects your site’s layout in first place. Of course you can inset code here, which affects SEO (Google Analytics, …) but it isn’t necessary at all.

The main question is: What do you want to achieve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want my website to appear in google search engine, right now even after typing the entire site url, its not showing on google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• How long is your site live?
  • Could you give us the address?
  • If you type „the entire site url“, as you are saying, your site won’t show up in Google, it simply will open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its been a week

www.safeplace.org.sg

Even after typing the keyword (safeplace, singapore) it's not showing on google

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• This is a much too short time! Google crawling may very often need one, two month.

And:

• Your site has nearly no content, which can be registered by Google. Only some words and some images may be not enough to give Google results.
  • Additionally: There is another site, which „swallows“ your results, when you enter your keywords (safeplace, Singapore): http://www.thesafeplace.com.sg/home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, This is of good help.

Thanks a lot.

This site is still under construction and full content will be up soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can help google a lot if you anyway change your page title from the default ones (page name) to something more specific, so that google knows what to expect to find on a certain page. Watch that SEO tutorial on youtube or read the muse-themes.com advices.

Same belongs to page description, which should explain a little deeper about the content on the page.

In the video they also give good advice on how to name buttons.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google has not indexed your site yet.   Read the Google SEO Starter Guide.

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Starter Guide - Search Console Help

Each page should have a unique Title and Description.  Keywords are not as important to SEs but feel free to add them separated by commas if you wish.   What matters most is the content in your pages. 

• Submit your URL to Google via your webmaster tools account.
  • Create a site map.
  • Consider adding a robots.txt file to your server (Muse cannot do this).   This file will tell SE bots which files & folders to crawl and which ones to avoid.   See link below.

Robots.txt Generator

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is already another SafePlace.org in Austin, Texas, USA.  So your domain has much competition from existing sites.

Regarding HTML for <head> tag:  At some point, Google may ask you to verify site ownership.  Your console will provide you with a line of code to insert in that box.  It will look something like this:

<meta name="google-site-verification" content="VERIFICATION-CODE-GOES-HERE">

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nancy,

Thanks a lot.

This is a Singapore based NGO & the name is safeplace.org.sg. Will wait for a month & see if it works otherwise will get in touch with the support team.

Thank Again,

Ritu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make a short (true and clear) decription of your site mission i.e, assume this is what ends up in the Google search engine space so put the effort into it

Screenshot (1161).png

ignore the keywords... Google does

and the head space is only used if you need some code to match up with what is in the body of your site... so for most Muse users that = ignore it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines