• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create bookmark to Execute a Menu Item and open a file or folder - using VBA in MS Access

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am designing an Access Database that combines a number of PDF documents and then adds a set of bookmarks to various locations locations within the document and also to some external files/folders. Currently I using VBA to open the PDF object and create a set of bookmarks, which for the most part work fine, however the are some issues with windows opening files in a browser, or not at all  (It is not a file association issue).

I have included some of the code below which should explain what I am 

Set gApp = CreateObject("AcroExch.App")

Set gPDDoc = CreateObject("AcroExch.PDDoc")   'Set gAVDoc = CreateObject("AcroExch.AVDoc")

If gPDDoc.Open(sTargetPDFPath) Then

Set jso = gPDDoc.GetJSObject

Set BMR = jso.BookMarkRoot

BMR.createChild "BRIEF DOCUMENTS", "", 0

BMR.createChild "WITNESSES", "", 1

... etc...

The next part iterates though some records to retrieve file paths and creates Java script  App.LaunchURL call which is added in the bookmark   (see following)

sPath = RSLvl!ExhibitBMPath

sBMName = RSLvl![Bmk_Name]

bmcChldLv2.createChild sBMName, "app.launchURL('" & sPath & "', true)", PositionIndex

What I would like to do instead of using the app.launchURL code option (which I believe is the likely cause of the intermittent issues I am having)  is use the   'Execute a Menu Item'  > 'Open File'  and/or 'Execute a Menu Item'  > 'Open Folder'   (naturally providing the path to the relevant file/folder.

I have googled for days and days, read an re-read the SDK and numerous other publications, which was all helpful and helped me with what I already have, but for the life of me I can not workout how to build the bookmark to Execute a Menu Item.  

An assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JavaScript on its own can't do it. You can use the openDoc method of the app object, though.

If you want to use the "Open a File" command (I'm not aware of an "Open a Folder" command), you should ask over at the Acrobat SDK forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines