Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bullet Point Irregularity

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2009 Mar 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH7:

Any bullet point style I create has too much space "before" the first one, even if I use 0 (zero) as the "before" value in the paragraph properties box.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Mar 09, 2009 Mar 09, 2009
Jeff, a couple of things you can check:

1. In the Styles dialog, look at the "Lists" style (may be in the "Other" category) and make sure the Before value is set to zero.

2. Open your CSS file in Notepad or some other text editor and check the OL, UL style to make sure there aren't any margin-top or padding-top values. If nothing is there, you may want to add margin-top:0; and padding-top:0; to specifically tell RH that you don't want any space before your lists.

Let us know what turns up.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like the style used before the bullet has a lot of space after it. Maybe change that style to reduce the spacing after it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum:

Thanks for the response, but that's not it. And, it doesn't matter which style precedes it. My Normal style, for instance, bears zero (0) before and zero (0) after. And, still, I get a chunk of blank space before my bulleted entry.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Jeff, a couple of things you can check:

1. In the Styles dialog, look at the "Lists" style (may be in the "Other" category) and make sure the Before value is set to zero.

2. Open your CSS file in Notepad or some other text editor and check the OL, UL style to make sure there aren't any margin-top or padding-top values. If nothing is there, you may want to add margin-top:0; and padding-top:0; to specifically tell RH that you don't want any space before your lists.

Let us know what turns up.

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp